Exclamation FIREHIRE¨ Inc. now accepting applications

FIREHIRE¨ Inc. is currently accepting applications for Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedic for the Bay Area Consortium Recruitment in California. There are 21 full-time career agencies involved in this recruitment. For more information and to download an application packet, please visit our website at www.firehire.com.

Forum Member

Default Opportunities!!!!!!!

Take Any Test You Can!

You've got to be kidding me!

I've talked to three candidates recently who had the opportunity to take some killer entry-level tests. They didn't take these tests. When I asked why? They said, I don't want to work there. That would require me to move and my wife won't go, I'm waiting for the only department I want to work for now, or I only test in this region. Don't tell me how bad you want this job and then give me one of these stupid excuses.

I have several candidates who have gone out of their state to take tests in preparation for the "city they really want to work for". Guess what? They get offered jobs. How difficult would it be for you to turn a badge down? Guess where they live and work now? And, it's a lot easier to get a job once you have one. I know one candidate who went all the way to Wyoming to get his badge. Now he's testing back in his home state of Washington.

Understand the more tests you take, the better you will be at taking tests. Then, when the one you really want comes along, you're dialed up ready to nail that badge.

Just Take the Test

I believe in taking every test you can get to. Beg, borrow, grovel and do what ever it takes to get to as many tests as possible.
    Cost? Spare me this part. This is an investment in a career position that pays $50,000+ a year with unbelievable benefits way into retirement.

Get serious. In case you haven't noticed, there is an army out there trying to get this job. You need every angle to make it happen for you. Firehire, is a great opportunity. Just get up, suit up and go do it. It will pay off biggggg in the future. You waste more time and money buying beer and pizza with your friends. Better odds? You bet. Many candidates were hired off last year's tests. Ask them if it was worth it. It could be your day. Your ticket into the fire service.

You can find more on testing secrets in the Career Article section from the Jobs drop down menu just above this posting.

“Nothing counts ‘til you have the badge . . . Nothing!”

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information