Question Galls magizine to tatooes

hey is galls magizine really a good source for equipment? a few other FF's on my dept along with myself have ordered from there but is there any other place that sells equipment for price comparison? i know you can find it on the internet but not everyone on the dept has that capibility and would like to check prices. also for another question i heard that FF's on paid depts. dont like when newbies have ff tatooes. even if they have been on a vol. dept is that true?

former FH.com member

Lightbulb

Galls is ok for most items but don't go crazy buying every little knicknack with "FF" on it. As far as tattoos go..it's your body so do what you want BUT: a) the FD you get hired onto may have a policy preventing tattoos from being visible to the public. b) until you prove yourself to your new crew all they have to go on is what they see. If you have some outlandish or cheesy FF tattoo you may be branded as a "whacker" before you even get started, you don't want that. If I were you (and I'm not so do what you want to), go light on the GALLS and skip the tattoo at least for now, there willbe plenty of time for all that later on. Just listen, learn and train for now, ok? Just my opinion but I hope this helps you out.

kinda late for the tattoo three of us went and got them 2 weeks ago all different of course

Permanently Removed

Default 2 cents...

Pretty much what the other guy said. Galls is OK for
    the 1 or 2 items YOU REALLY NEED. I wouldnt go and
    buy everything in there catalog and some of their
    stuff is down right cheap. I would never buy a lightbar
    or siren from them. Or their vehicle striping.

As for a tat, I wouldnt run into something unless
    you gave it some thought and know when its really
    right.

good luck...

Forum Member

I have bought my dress shoes, Bates Hi Gloss, plus the health socks, black tops with white bottoms, from Galls for several years now. The shoes that the city furnish, were low bid and always hurt my feet.

It is a good source catalog. We may see something in their book and then go to our local supplier and show it to them. They will get one or two in for us to look at and try. If we like "X" then we will make a larger purchase. We use other catalogs for reference too.

I wouldn't make it my sole source supplier.

Stay Safe & Well out there.....

Thread Information