Thread: Child burned

Post Child burned / prayers needed

One of our Capt's has had a tragic accident w/ his 8 year old daughter on March 1st...I am saddened to tell you it was fire that led to this tragedy....
    Here is a little background...he is divorced and in a custody battle w/ his x-wife...she is an idiot on a good day....

This all happened while in her mother and her step fathers care....

The story has been told 3-4 different ways(by the step father)....this is the last one that I heard.....
    They were burning leaves in the back yard of there home...The step father said that she(only 8 years old) was helping them burn...as I said idiots on a good day....somehow a can of hair spray got tossed in and blew up...the girl received 3rd degree burns on her right arm and hand, 1st and 2nd degree burns on 30% - 40% of the rest of her body.....currently an investigation is underway...I was told that the investigators have found no sign of the can in 100 yards of the area.....the new husband was already being investigated by DCSF for beating her son from her very first marriage(she has been married 4 times in a matter of 12 years)with a belt....he used the buckle end..
    On Sat. Ashley went in for surgery and it went well the pigskin took excellent according to the Captain....she went back in yesterday and it looks promising......they said that she could be in the hospital for 6 to 8 weeks, she has heath insurance through our dept. but the out of pocket expenses are going to be for medical bills, travel, and lodging are going to deplete all of his financial reserves so we are currently working on fund raising ideas....if you have any please let me know.....
    I don't care if you believe in GOD or not please pray for this little girl....

Thanks,
    Weezy > CairoFD

There are some details I have left out just wanted the most important part of this to be known
    Last edited by CairoFD; 03-09-2004 at 12:46 PM.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy
    cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, worst, if fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat" Theodore Roosevelt
    Dedicated to those brave souls who lost their lives on 9-11-2001

Forum Member

Unhappy

Very sorry to hear of this. She and her parents will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

I hope all goes well, and I hope that the law punishes those responsible.

Sorry to hear.. i hope she has a quick and sucessful recovery.
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Thank you for your prayers. I talked to the Capt. yesterday, he said see is doing ok but it is going to be a long and painful recovery....physical and mental for all parties involved....I also saw pictures or her and almost couldn't recognize her...it was enough to break ones heart.....I was also told that the investigation has been closed w/ them finding no foul play involved.....I personally am unsatisfied w/ this but then again I've know this little girl since she was born and just want justice for her...I do understand that accidents happen, but she(the mother) was married to a Fire Fighter for long enough she should have know better than to let her child go near this or any fire...personally feel that the mother and step father should be held accountable.....I don't want to see anything like this happen to any child but this one hit to close to home...

Thanks for your prayers once again
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy
    cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, worst, if fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat" Theodore Roosevelt
    Dedicated to those brave souls who lost their lives on 9-11-2001

Thread Information