Question NY Residency Credit

Am I eligible for the 5 points residency credit for FDNY?

In the past year, I've lived in both NJ and NYC (and outside the country for a few months). I stay at my parents' house in NJ and my aunt's house in NY, so I don't have a lease or mortgage on either. However, I have received several bills at my NY address and I think I could obtain a NY driver's license. I have to submit my information to the Candidate Investigation Division this month. So I was wondering 1) How important is it to score those extra 5 points? and 2) Is it worth the risk of claiming credit and then being disqualified?

Please advise!

-Trey

Forum Member

You really want to post on a public forum if it's Ok to "bend" the rules? Not that your the only one doing it, but most don't advertise it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

With 30,000 applicants every point is going to count so I know what to do if I truly want the job. Thanks for letting me bounce that off you anyway, bones.
    Surfs up in Point today, but brrrrrr....

Forum Member

Exclamation

IF you are really interested in a job with the FDNY, then you would abide with the residency requirement. I really don't think that you are, by writing into a forum thread with a question like that!

Thread Information