Question Class "A" Uniforms

I need to find a distributor of Class "A" Uniforms for my Fire Department. We are just starting to get materials and information together in order for us to buy the uniforms. Send me websites and toll-free phone numbers to mhsaunders@yahoo.com. Thanks for the help.

gfd632

Permanently Removed

Default A start...

I will emial this too, but someone else might need the
    info-

www.longbeachuniform.com

Disillusioned Subscriber

We've dealt with Ronk's Uniforms right across the river from you guys in Huntington, West Virginia for a number of years. Jim's always taken good care of us. Their toll free number is 800-642-RONK.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

We have recently began just looking at Galls as a choice. Since we can take care of patches and stuff ourselves. We are just gettin into this again too, so if anyone can send me some information that would be great too. We would love to get rid of our 1970 unifroms... you know slash pockets, a thing of the past...
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Forum Member

Mitch,
    Try United Uniform out of Buffalo. We went through them for ours and they took pretty good care of us. One stop shopping.

Here is the web addy: http://www.uniteduniform.com/
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Early Adopter

Arrow Lighthouse Uniform

If you're talking about a "coats & hats" type of Class A uniform, I would suggest Lighthouse Uniform. I've heard good things about them. In the few times I've talked with their people, I've been impressed. Our chief purchased his gear from there and seemed pleased upon its arrival. Hopefully, the career membership will all have full Class A uniforms in the future... and they'll probably be from Lighthouse.

http://www.fireuniform.com/

Forum Member

We use Elbeco. It is very similar in color and style to the US Navy's Officer uniform.

Our local fire department supplier carries this brand and others. It is a all year type fabric. It holds up very good. I get a new dress blouse every two years and 5 trousers each year. Of course all of our uniforms are on a contract basis.

Flying Cross, Fechheimer and Elbeco are the most popular brands over here in our neck of the woods. We found that known names and long lasting companies are the better makers of dress uniforms.

You want it to look at sharpe as it can be. They have to be fitted to size or made to measure.

It is like any thing else in the fire service. You get what you pay for. If you want to look good and sharp, then you need a good tailored uniform.

You want to have a dealer near you so members can go and be measured and if any problems arise, the dealer is close by. My city got burnt years ago by dealing with out of state dealers on uniforms. A sales rep would come by the department and measure every member for their size and go back and in about six months boxes of uniforms would arrive. Once the training division sorted all of these out and got them to the correct member, we had sizing problems. Numerous phones calls and letters were written to the company and after a year of this we got them to pick up every thing and take them back. The city held their money so we had them over the barrell. That was the last time this happened. Since then the city rules on purchasing states that the vendors must be with 20 miles of city hall.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe & Well out there.......
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 03-10-2004 at 03:18 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I agree with coz, Lighthouse is a good place to consider buying from. Our Honor Guard Class A uniforms were purchased from Lighthouse. They also have a policy of supplying a Class A uniform for LODD. The last time I checked, there was no charge for this service.
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

MembersZone Subscriber

You can count me as another vote for Lighthouse.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

my dept all volunteer purchased the shirt, pant, ties, gloves,and hat (summer special) from Lighthouse uniforms last year. I believe it cost 199.00 per firefighter. Each firefighter is to pay $100.00 toward this. This year we intend to purchase the coat for the guys. I am sure the firefighters will have to pay some towards this as well.
    But Lighthouse Uniform treated us well. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Thread Information