Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Medical for FDNY

I was just wondering if anyone has taken their medical for the FDNY. I have my investigation on the 13th of this month and I am being told that the medical will be a couple of days later. I have heard from alot of people that the heart rate test is pretty hard to pass. I know I will do it but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers.
    Thanks Neal

Default Just relax

I took the medical recently and passed. The stepper was the killer for most. You should do some jogging if you don`t already.
    Most of all get a good night sleep the night before avoid alcohol and espically COFFEE the day of. And make sure you breathe during the test.
    Good Luck

After the Investigation.... Usually come the PSYCh but they could give you the medical first... about 2 months after the investigation for me and then the medical was a moth after that..
    About the stairs jog get your heart rate down.... otherwise they will make u come back and hold you name for at least a mont.
    Buy a 50lb weight vest and join a gym that has a stair master not the one that uses your weight but the Actuall stairmaster like an escalater... Good Luck...
    TP

Thread Information