Forum Member

Default Cover picture on March 04 Firehouse

Check out the cover pic on the March issue of "Firehouse". Would have parked the truck where it is? Scene size-up guys!

Forum Member

Question

What am I missing? The only thing I could guess is that you have a problem with the fact that it seems like he pulled too far past the scene. If that's so, he's probably leaving room for the first due aerial, which is a common practice in many depts. Are you seeing something else?

Forum Member

Well lets "assume" that the FF on the cover is pulling hose from an engine. If this is true then the engine is probably right where it belongs. He is close enough to the building to stretch hose , but just as importantly: like Firepics has stated he has left room for the first due truck company to get the front of the building.

Also note that the cover picture is a relatively limited picture, we can't really see much to the right of the house, there could be a driveway there for all we know.

Forum Member

Looks fine to me. Like firepics said, our normal operation is to pull a little past the house to leave room for the truck. They're still plenty close enough to pull lines.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Looks good from here

That appears to be an Engine not a Truck (hose is a good clue)...

...and as was said before by firepics the Engine pulls past to leave room for the Truck Co.

It appears the nozzle team is stretching into the house while the control man is breaking the line and hooking up to the rig.

This is a standard and well established Firefighting practice. Not sure what you see wrong with the placement. Could you elaborate?

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Tactical looks good, think safety.

Forum Member

Are you talking about the power line? I dont really see anything that looks out of place or wrong?

Forum Member

Ahh, yes power lines. With the fire showing like it is personally I would not have positioned the apparatus under the electrical service drop. Although, we may not be seeing the "whole picture" with this photo. What do you guys think?

Forum Member

Ah, okay. That could be a problem if the wires detach from the house. Hard to tell without a wider picture. We usually call light & power right away and they're pretty fast to respond. We just had a guy zapped by a hanging porch light, he's okay though.

Thread Information