MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Default No Interest Loan Deadline Extended

The deadline for applying for a No interest loan has been extended through April 15. It appears that applications received prior to the March 15 (although it may work through the 16) will be reviewed first but all applications will be accepted through April 15.
    there has apparently been fewer applications than anticipated and in order to dispurse all $10M, more apps are needed. All of the money will be spent so apply if you've got a need.
    Chad - you guys are looking for a new truck. Get your application in now!!!! If you bond issue comes through you can pay it off with that. If not, you've got a no interest loan.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Jack, our Asst. Chief, Capt. and I put the finishing touches on it Wednesday night and it went priority mail Thursday. Leaving no stone unturned in our quest to get a new pumper! I'll be on pins and needles until I hear the results of the vote or the loan application!!!
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH APPS TO GIVE AWAY ALL $10M?? That's great!! So maybe we can finally get our new rescue pumper. I was really worrying about that 1957 Towers locking up the pump again

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

MembersZone Subscriber

Jeremy, they're not GIVING IT AWAY! You gotta pay it back. If it was totally free, they'd have applications for 100 million.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

So; how many of you applied for the zero interest after they extended the deadline?
    Any thoughts on what may happen to the program if a demand for the money isn't shown?
    Did you know that you could apply for just about any fire vehicle other than a brush truck?
    I realize that the application was pretty specific to fire trucks, but we included in the rules all big ticket vehicles, including rescue vans.
    That's what our fire department applied for.
    We'll see.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Default Question for one of the co-authors

Say, CR, I am pondering sompin....:

There is no chance of getting our guys to apply for a loan at this time, especially with station construction imminent (and I use "imminent" the way a lawyer would, i.e. "sometime in the next two years."), but our tanker is leaking like a sieve, and no one can seem to track it down. (no one can fix any of our truck problems these day, come to think of it)

So anyhoo, to save me, a lazy-arse, from having to look it up, can a loan be used to re-chassis, or in our case, re-tank, a vehicle? Or is it strictly for new purchase (the chassis is only about 4 years old)?
    Last edited by jaybird210; 04-02-2004 at 05:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

CR, we haven't applied, although we could use a new tanker. After what our board president told me last night, I doubt they would approve an application. "We spent a lot of money last year." The numbers are there for the program. I understand there was nearly 200 applications submitted by the 15th. The 18 number was a week before the deadline. I'll bring it up Tuesday night, but I know what the answer will be. Gee, kind of sounds like the trustees up north, huh Mike?
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Thread Information