Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb Command Car Specs

I am looking for command car specs. Also for command car vendors. Any input would be helpful. I am not looking for a large command vehicle. We are looking for a Subruban size command car. Fully outfitted.

psinewe@morainefire.org
    Phil Sinewe
    Customer Service/Shift Commander
    http://www.morainefire.org
    psinewe@morainefire.org

Take a look at ProTech Custom - they did a 2003 Tahoe QRV for us and we were (and still are) very impressed with them. Quality of work. Easy to work with. Worked to our specific requirments. etc.

Pictures of finished unit can be found at http://n2dfire.tripod.com/response3.html

A couple of other companies you can contact are:
    Fastlane Emergency Vehicles
    Odyssey Automotive Specialty

I designed the cabinet and did a lot of the spec. work on our Tahoe so if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail and I'll do the best I can to help you.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Exclamation

If you know what you want and where you want it, it may save your department money by having it done locally by a good caibnet maker and also in house. Having radios, sirens, lights, striping and markings and all that stuff can be installed by the local vendor that does radio maintenance, i.e. Motorola dealer.

First of all - What kind of vehicle will be used. Tahoes make a nice vehicle.

Second - you need to know what this car is going to be doing.

Third - you need to know what is expected to be carried on this car.

On several of our vehicles, we use extendobed. This is a built rack that is sent to us and we installed it. It has all the various shelves, cabinets that you may need. They have custom jobs, that you design or that what they already have plans for. A whole lot.

The url is www.extendobed.com

Take a look at them and you may find what you need. Like I said a local cabinet maker may be able to make what you need for less money.

Stay Safe & Well out there......

Forum Member

It may come in handy if you ask departments around you if they would like a new command vehicle.

We saved a bundle off of the price of our new command vehicle by going in with the state on a single bid.

Note that we just got the pickup itsself nothing on it (we are going to be installing everthing ourselves)
    Our new command vehicle to-be is a 2004 F350 extended cab longbed with a 6.8 V-10 4x4. It is sitting in the station right now and will shortly be in service when we get finished with it.

Default Twin Lights in Milford, CT

Twin Lights Emergency Vehicle Repair in Milford, CT builds custom Command Cars.

Twin Lights

Thread Information