MembersZone Subscriber

Arrow Response time and Firehouse closing discussion

Here is a link to recent testimony given by Chief Dunn on response time and firehouse closings. It is brief although there are some interesting facts and figures presented.

Chief Dunn Discussion

FTM-PTB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FFFRED; 03-16-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

The lcoals representing the firefighters of the FDNY should take out full page ads in the Post, Daily News and the Times with this information...because you know that the politicians

Chief Dunn tells it like it is...unlike those lying "bahstid" politicians and their yes men who forgot where they came from!

I did print it out...so when the time comes to talk about cutting FD budgets in my community... a little ammunition will be stored!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Excellent commentary from Chief Dunn, as I expected.

I hope someone who can do something about the problem has seen or heard this.

Good Luck to the FDNY on this one.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

MembersZone Subscriber

The psycho mayor of my city had a study done and intends to close a few companies and lay guys off. Seeing as how the jackarses referenced Chief Dunn in their study, our union went down to talk with Chief Dunn and he will be coming next week to testify on our behalf. Apparently he doesn't agree with their findings either. It seems the company that did the study does not want to come back and prove their facts. Chief Dunn will be coming to see the city and visit the stations. I will be working those days and hope to get to meet him.

Forum Member

Chief Dunn must be a very influential guy! He was in a couple of our training videos for backdrafts and flashovers.

Man, you just gotta love politicians! I wish they wouldn't close firehouses, its just not right!
    Proud to be IACOJ!
    MD FF/EMT

Thread Information