Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Tell me about Denver Fire Department?

Testing soon for Denver Fire in Colorado. Give me your opinion about the department or city in general as far as a place to live??. I am coming from out of state to start this process.

MembersZone Subscriber

I live north of Denver. Denver Fire is the most traditional department in the state which is a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Denver firefighters are held in very high regard as skilled firefighters. They get the most fires and the most runs out of any department in the state by far. Rescue 1 is one of the busiest heavy rescues in the country. The airport stations are highly regarded across the country as some of the best.

I've personally trained and have been instructed by Denver firefighters and I think they are great guys. They share a training center with Aurora Fire Department (which gets the most fires per capita in the state). They also rent the training center out to other depts.

Denver and the three other biggest fire depts in the state have broken apart from the state fire certifying board and they formed their own, but it is recognizing by Pro Board, so it is definitely a good thing. Also, their agency is MUCH faster and more efficient.

They ride 4 on a truck and 4 on an engine. I think they have 5 on the rescue. The Hazmat is one of the busiest in the country. They do not transport; Denver County Paramedics does that. Denver medics and Denver fire do not like each other at all. There is some definite bad blood there.

Their training academy is very paramilitary and an excellent facility.

Denver as a city is one of the best places to live. Compare it to your city here:

http://www.bestplaces.net/html/citycompare.asp

Send me a message if you have any questions.

Eric

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Thanks

Thanks EricCSU...for your information about Denver including a reference about comparing cities. I found it interesting that a non-Denver Firefighter had a overall positive view of Denver Fire.

I will continue researching...

MembersZone Subscriber

No problem. I have limited knowledge about most big dept's in CO, so feel free to ask. I might even know someone to refer you to in some cases. Have a great day.

Eric

MembersZone Subscriber mtnfireguy's Avatar

Surefire... email or PM me and I may be able to provide you
    additional info
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information