Cool International FF exchange info

I am a Canadian Firefighter currently stationed in Queensland, Australia and having a FANTASTIC time! This is my second Firefighter exchange. The first was to Sweden. If you want to know how to find/arrange an international exchange and have a very rewarding professional/ personal experience, e amil me at sgano@bigpond.com.au for more info.
    Looking forward to hearing from ya!

Talking Right On!

Sounds cool...where do I sign up?

How long is it?

Do they have fire poles?
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

MembersZone Subscriber

---------------
    Last edited by POWERSLADDER2; 08-26-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Default Info wanted

Hey whats the scoop on this? Are places still doing the international exchanges??

MembersZone Subscriber

I think some smaller County Fire Brigades in the UK take part in this...I know thta Leicestershire did an exchange with an Australian FB a few years ago. However, as far as I am aware none of the bigger Metropolitain Brigades take part, LFB definately don't becuase I'd have been the first to sign up... even if I went back to Ff for the duration of the exchange.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default G'day

G'day, ffexchange- which station are you at? i gather you are enjoying your time with QFRS- i am stationed in South-eastern area at jimboomba.

Quote Originally Posted by forbisflorida View Post
    Hey whats the scoop on this? Are places still doing the international exchanges??
    Yes as you have gathered queensland still does the exchange program and i think NSW does as well. Not sure about other states. If any one wants info for queensland it is on the QFRS website= http://www.fire.qld.gov.au/ under the heading of employment.

ps- yes steve even officers have to go back to a firefighter for the duration of the exchange

Alex

Forum Member

We do it here in South Australia, got a couple of Canadian Blokes at the moment, they are only allowed to run from HQ station and only allowed to ride as FF's.

At the moment we only exchange with Canada or the UK, for some reason we aren't allowed to exchange with the US, no idea why, but thats how it is.

Forum Member

I would be very interested. Some jakes from San Francisco did trades with the Dublin, Ireland Brigade before. Now I would love to try that out!

Forum Member

Melbourne does exchanges to anywhere, however, a risk assessment needs to be done on a exchange by exchange basis. I'm currently searching for a suitable exchange to somewhere in BC Canada, California or Florida or maybe South Africa.

Anyone out there interested I have posted a thread in international firefighting forum plus others in the areas I'm interested in.

Forum Member

Further info for you on the MFB, Melbourne, Australia:

http://www.mfb.vic.gov.au/Recruitmen...llowship-.html

The MFB is a fully professional fire service with approx 1600 firefighters serving Melbourne through 47 stations. We are responsible for fire suppression, EMR, rescue (water, road, industrial, USAR, high angle etc) and hazmat over an area of 1000 sq/km.

If you would like to participate in an exchange contact me and we can discuss details further. Look forward to hearing from you.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

Default Exchange Opportunity

Where are all the exchange personnel? I've been on here a couple times in the past looking for an exchange partner. This is a great change to see the world!! What's the hold-up?
    I'm an 18-year vet with the Edmonton Fire and Rescue in Alberta Canada. We've got tonnes to do over four seasons, and the mountains are only hours away!

Thread Information