Thread: Driver status

Forum Member

Question Driver status

What are some instances that would pull a driver from active status, other than the obvious DUI, moving violations, and so forth. Does age play a role? How about health issues? What about member complaints about the driver?

Forum Member

Our department requires a physical exam by a doctor every 3 years if you are under 30, every 2 years if you are under 40, and yearly thereafter. This includes EKG, blood work, breathing test,urine test (I honestly don't know if it includes a drug test, I hope it does, but I suspect it does not, eyesight test, hearing test and chest x-ray. Each person then gets classified as interior FF, exterior "A" FF (which means you can do anything that does not require an SCBA, including driving), exterior B (same, except no driving) or administrative FF, which means you cannot even be on the fireground.

This is usually the reason that someone is no longer allowed to drive.
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Forum Member

I think it truly depends on the circumstances. Health plays a factor, Driving Record plays a factor, Compliants from co-workers, complaints from the public, complaints from LE that they didn't write up officially. Around me I've heard of a few who got pulled just for doing something stupid in front of the chief or a SR Officer ie... forgetting to unplug the truck and taking half the cieling down.
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Thread Information