Default LED's. What do I need

Can someone tell me what I need for head and tail light flashers and gril lights all LED. I wan to know everything from harnesses to plugs. Oh and a decent siren. I was on the Galls web site, and found a few things, but not sure what I need. I will ask some guys at the station too!

Forum Member

Your talking about things that don't exist. I suggest the "seach" button and running for cover right about now would be a wise idea.

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Shorty, I'm all for giving the new people a break when it comes to posts like this, but there comes a point when enough is enough. I think the thing for me is that it seems like almost every post you have has to do with lights and sirens fro your vehicle. It just seems like that's all you want to know about.

Again, this subject has been debated over and over and over again. If you want advice on what you need, I suggest you call and speak with a dealer who does installation. The lights and sirens posts get really old............

Forum Member

www.toysrus.com Look for the red light/helmet all-in-one...this covers both driving and running at the same time!!
    Last edited by StayBack500FT; 03-17-2004 at 08:43 PM.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Truckie

Shorty, I hate to be rude, but...
    I looked on your city web site and your fire department runs just under a 170 calls a year. As a POC fire fighter with a respectable 50%, that's 85 calls. Do you really need all those lights and sirens?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Not to mention Ludington is practically the woods. How many cars can you pass on the way to a call 1 maybe 2. If you feel it is that necessecary get a cheap minibar with magnets and a cheap siren from galls there you just spent $200 instead of $2000 or a little more than a dollar a run for a year.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against L&S for a POC/Volle personal car. Come on all you career guys at least half of you were POC/Volle first, those who were, don't forget where you came from. Ok now that I started round 3000 of WWIII between the POC/Volle's and career guys. I'm going to aviod the cross fire
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

For one I do not run under Ludington City, I am on PM township, city only get fire and they usually assist. I am a first responder also. The only reason all the lights is b/c everyone at the dept wanted to know why I did not have them yet. And no we pass more then 1 or 2 cars too. So stop harping on me....k I will find something better to talk about. How about how the FF union is supporting Kerry....man I could really start some S***!

http://www.peremarquettetwp.org/Home.../fire_dept.htm

By the way this is my Department, City has nver had female FF and never will.

Forum Member

Exclamation

You may want to find out if you would be legal under the state police and motor vehicle rules if you installed all that stuff on you vehicle.

Adding light and sirens, doesb't do any good, IF you don't use them correctely and you are legal in your state.

Unless you have a heavy duty electrical system on your vehicle and have this installed by some one who is quil;ified to do this, you will have a lot of problems.

As far as I know on the official police and fire vehicles can have stobes in the tail lights and front end of your car.

As far as your rash statements about females not in your department sonny, Not being on the job and never will. Never say never, things have a way of happening.

Forum Member

As far as your rash statements about females not in your department sonny, Not being on the job and never will. Never say never, things have a way of happening.
    Umm...not sure, but I think she's a female, boss.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Yes sir Nozzleman, I do beleive you are right. I remember that this person had a post before on light bars. Wanted to mount it on the new pov. I wonder why they keep beating this out in the forums?

I still fail to see why the statement about females. Maybe I am getting to old, but I really like females. My Mother was a female and all my wives had been females too!!!!

I got the best one now. :-)

Stay Safe and Well out there........

Maybe you should worry less about how you look getting to the firehouse and more about fighting the fire. Then again, if you are out in the woods, you know its not gonna be a fire. you have your priorities in the worng order!

Forum Member

As my departments light/siren "guru", I try and keep up with all the latest inovations. I must say I've never seen or heard of taillight/headlight LED flashers. Where did you find them?

Not sure what model car you have, but unless it's something big with a heavy duty electrical system, your going to overload it with all that "stuff".

If I was going to put lights/sirens on my POV I would limit it to a solid state (less amp draw) hi-beam flasher, LED's (1 dash, 2 back window)and a "no-frills" siren. Everything should come with all you need to hook it up, you shouldnt need a seperate harness.

BTW, what's with that comment about female FF's??? Wake up, it's 2004 (not 1974). If they can handle the job I dont care what sex (or race) they are. We have a female FF who's a fantastic paramedic and can drive the doors off our aerial.

So crawl out of that cave your living in and get with the program.

Dave

OK I am a female and a damn good one too! I can do just about anything a male FF can do, if not better. I maybe a little short andmy boots may fall off doing a leg lock and my helmet hit my SCBA,but I am good at what I do and I love what I do. ALl that I asked for was some help. If I could remove this post I would so everyone would stop B*T*Cing!

Forum Member

By the way this is my Department, City has nver had female FF and never will.
    OK I am a female and a damn good one too!
    Am I missing something? How can you be a female on a Department when the department has never had a female? Can we say "Contradiction"?

BTW, I do work in a city and I do have strobes in my truck, but in 3 years there's only been two calls out of about 1200 that I've actually used them to respond. I suggest you save your money.
    Scott Maples
    www.Jeffersoncityfire.com
    Firefighter/EMT-IV

If you're always talking, you're never listening...if you're not listening, you're not learning.

Forum Member

OK, I think everyone is misunderstanding shorty here.........

I think she was trying to say that she IS NOT on the city dept. because she is a female and they do not have any females on the city dept. I don't think she was trying to say anything else until people misunderstood her..........

For what it's worth, I didn't know shorty was a female (not that it matters).........

Forum Member

For one I do not run under Ludington City, I am on PM township
    I went back and re-read earlier posts to see if I missed something and saw that statement, so my apologies for the oversight.
    Scott Maples
    Firefighter/EMT-IV

If you're always talking, you're never listening...if you're not listening, you're not learning.

Forum Member

Hey Shorty if you want all that **** on a POV why don't you just go buy Japanese rickshaw taxi, I understand they already got them lights as standard equipment

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Well.............................................. ....

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer

I still fail to see why the statement about females. Maybe I am getting to old, but I really like females. My Mother was a female and all my wives had been females too!!!!

I got the best one now. :-)

YEAH! WHAT HE SAID! ME TOO!
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

BTW, I do work in a city and I do have strobes in my truck, but in 3 years there's only been two calls out of about 1200 that I've actually used them to respond. I suggest you save your money.
    I tried to tell you, but noooooo....you didn't listen, did you?

Forum Member

I tried to tell you, but noooooo....you didn't listen, did you?
    Before you rag me too much, when's the last time you looked at the front of your Jeep and saw a couple of those red flashy things on your bumper?
    P.S. The main reason I bought mine was the guy was selling them for about half-price, so I figured Why not. .
    Last edited by Stick533; 03-21-2004 at 09:24 AM.
    Scott Maples
    Firefighter/EMT-IV

This has gotton so out of hand! I am a female, I do not work on City dept. firenresq77, thank you for clearing that up! I am not looking to argue with anyone I am here to learn things. Everyone has madea mistake and so if something is not possible I need to know that. I can see the light issue is a big one and that is fine. I want lights and I will get them, so with all this so called knowledge that floats around hear, all you have to do is explain not act like you are a big shot and I am a stupid female. I take my career very serious and I am very dedicated. That is one peoblem with the EMS system is that most males think that females so not belong. Must I mention that I also played on our high school football team. I just enjoy keeping in shape and being challenged. And if you look at my name "shorty" that is me I am 130lbs and under 5ft, so almost everything in the fire service is a challenge, but that is why I enjoy what I do. Soplease just stop the bashing and just understand where I am coming from!

Forum Member

Shorty, you asked a question about lights for a POV,the concensus was to deep six the notion about lights on a POV. If you don't want to take the advice, thats fine, we just throw in the sarcasm because we love ya.

Forum Member

Originally posted by shortytheFF
    This has gotton so out of hand! I am a female, I do not work on City dept. firenresq77, thank you for clearing that up! I am not looking to argue with anyone I am here to learn things. Everyone has madea mistake and so if something is not possible I need to know that. I can see the light issue is a big one and that is fine. I want lights and I will get them, so with all this so called knowledge that floats around hear, all you have to do is explain not act like you are a big shot and I am a stupid female. I take my career very serious and I am very dedicated. That is one peoblem with the EMS system is that most males think that females so not belong. Must I mention that I also played on our high school football team. I just enjoy keeping in shape and being challenged. And if you look at my name "shorty" that is me I am 130lbs and under 5ft, so almost everything in the fire service is a challenge, but that is why I enjoy what I do. Soplease just stop the bashing and just understand where I am coming from!
    Shorty, I was trying to help you out, but you keep digging a deeper hole. Nobody is making this a male/female issue, except for you now. Re-read the entire thread again, and you will see that the majority of people are saying that they're OK with females. Just take a step back for a few miinutes and see where everyone else was coming from. Your post about who you work for was a little confusing, and that got everyone all buggered up, then once I posted, people understood, then actually changed the subject a bit while a couple people had a conversation amonst themselves, then you come in flying off the handle again. So take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax..........

Shorty,
    I have been on a volley Dept for over 10 years, when I started out and for about the first 5 years myself, and my best friend who was also a Volley, had more lights on our POVís than some of the engines did. Light bars, strobes, and headlight and taillight flashers. I run on two volunteer agencies. A rescue squad that gets just under 2000 runs a year and a fire department that runs about 200 calls a year. I now have 1 strobe light mounted on my windshield, and it does just as much as all of the strobes and flashers I used to have. If you really wanted to spend you money I would suggest 1 light for the front of your POV and some sort of flasher on the rear, in the event you come across something on the side of the road. Just to give a little more warning than your hazard lights. You can go for all the other lights if you really wanted to but I would suggest you save you money for a safety item you can use that you dept may not provide, or maybe buy yourself a pair of boots that fit.

Thread Information