Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why not us?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Question Why not us?

How come the Ohio, Indiana and Illinois forums have lot's of posts but we here in Michigan seem to be silent. There must be some Michigan topics that could be discussed.

Stay safe,

Pete
    Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

Are there that many of us. In the last 2 mos that I've been posting I've only seen you, me, the revrend from DFD and maybe 1 or 2 more.
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

The Buckeye Crew isn't very big either, we're just talkative

Seriously though, my department works very closely with Monroe County departments so I'd like to see more Michigan activity here too.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

WTFD or any of my brothers in Monroe county. Have you had any dealings with Hart Medical yet. If so whaddya think?
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Everybody that I know up there is pretty impressed with them so far.

They must be doing good, we got called up there on ALS mutual aid quite a bit during the AMR years but haven't yet since January 1.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

That is so cool. I am good friends with the owner and worked for him on the special events side. I haven't talked to him in a while but I'm trying to follow the whole monroe thing the best I can. He's a really good guy and It makes me happy to hear he is doing well.

hello from Northern Michigan.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I have been busy with the brothers form Ohio. Instead of MI not much been going on here. Being from Monroe County it is just as easy to fall into the Ohio boards.

As for Hart they are doing fantastic as far as I am concerned we have not had many calls since they took over (we are down some 30 calls from last year)but they have been on the ball just about every call we have had with them.

Pete we will let you know how the switch goes to the 800 system. All the radios were supposed to have been ordered last week. Hart Ambulance is ready to go and will be switching over soon and using the existing tower that we have.

Lets get the Michigan forums going.
    Les Hartford
    Assistant Chief
    LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Maybe us Michiganders are the "strong silent type"?

Anyway, hello from west Michigan.
    Last edited by chief4102; 03-26-2004 at 10:11 AM.
    Be Safe
    GOD BLESS the U.S.A. and FDNY
    Dan

Hello from the Upper Peninsula.

I've also have checked the Michigan forums from time to time and noticed that not much was going on here. I now have the need for some info so I stopped lurking, registered, and posted a question.

I am surprised that there are no other forums or list servers for the Michigan fire service.

Thumbs up

shock advised ..................CLEAR !!!!!!!! ....we have a pulse .......faint but getting stronger ....the Michigan forums have been resuscitated ! (Hi from NW Ohio)
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Just back from buffing a HUGE fire in an abandoned paper mill in the City of Monroe. Biggest fire I've seen in a long time.

Mutual aid from several departments for tankers due to poor water pressure in the area.(Hi Les, working hard? Nice to see the run gods screw somebody other than me for a change )

I'm sure it'll be on the Toledo and Detroit news programs in the morning for those of you in SE Mich & NW Ohio.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Nice. A lot of abandoned product?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firespec35
    Nice. A lot of abandoned product?
    I'm not sure about that. It's a multiple building complex that was built in the late 1800's-early 1900's. Heavy timber construction that is very, very dry. (Or I should say was, it's mostly cinders now!)
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber WTFDChief730's Avatar

I had a feeling you went up to that fire Moe, I always see that building when I take my son to the Monroe Ice arena, I always thought that would be a good fire if it went, and sure enough it did.

As far as working with Hart ambulance, my department has had two mutual aid extrications with our neighboring department in Monroe County and the Hart crews were excellent to work with, they were very cooperative in working with the incident commander and fully understood their patient care roll on both incidents. They did not come in and try to take over the scene, they immediately reported to the IC and did their jobs very well. No complaints here so far, but we dont run with them on a consistant basis.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Weruj1
    shock advised ..................CLEAR !!!!!!!! ....we have a pulse .......faint but getting stronger ....the Michigan forums have been resuscitated ! (Hi from NW Ohio)
    Josh I think it is a save with the brothers from OH joining in

EDIT: We will give yous honarary status when we get to the IL level
    Les Hartford
    Assistant Chief
    LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Les you gonna be the Prez ? what an honor, an Honorary Wolverine !keep me advised, and HAPPY EASTER !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

That of course would be up to the body not me.

Happy Easter
    Les Hartford
    Assistant Chief
    LMR Fire Dept.

IACOJ Member

Thread Information