Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Who do you support for President?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • George W. Bush

98 65.77%
  • John Kerry

38 25.50%
  • Ralph Nader

3 2.01%
  • Undecided

10 6.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who do you support for President?

I've heard complaints about the IAFF endorsing Kerry, so all FFs vote here. Who do you support for president?

I was going to vote in the poll that you have but unless you put a "None of the Above" catagory then I can't. I vote Libertarian and am hoping that candadate Gary Nolan gets the party nod so that I can vote for him.
    http://www.dehnbase.org/lpus/library...cand-2004.html
    Last edited by cellblock; 03-25-2004 at 06:34 AM.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Where is the option for the "Penguin".
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Look my libertarian brother I know you are wise in the ways of the world and truly know that a libertarian can't be elected to the White House and I support your right to use your vote as a protest but you also need to look at your core values and see which person you truly do not want in the White House. Do you want someone who has voted against almost every new defense project since he has been in office including the M1A1 tank and other now extremely valuable military project. Do you want someone who says "I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it." What's that supposed to mean? This guy is a slimeball!!!! he has been on both sides of every issue I've heard him speak on. Oh he want tax cuts for the "Middle Class" I hate to tell you but most of us with a few years on are not his "Middle Class" and if your spouse works too you're just done.

Or do you want someone who is truly strong on defense. After 9/11 the Secret Service did not want Bush going down to the ground zero. He did it anyways because he knew the country needed it. He has cut income tax twice in his tenure that means more money for everyone, which we are going to spend which is going to keep the economy getting better.

As a libertarian I assume you are a conservative. Just look at their records, where they stand on everything. I know Bush isn't as conservative as you or me want. But to quote a cheezy '70's pop song "If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with" and right now George W. is who is there for us.

1 more thing all the IAFF who support Kerry have truly forgotten.

I know I won't
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Forum Member

not me i am a die hard democrat. i dont want bush in much longer or i might end up in some ****hole country because he decided to invade them.

scuttlebutt has it the 3rd ID is going to Korea instead of Iraq so you tell me who you want for president
    FireSarge
    Joseph Sullivan
    Ohio

"Any man willing to die in my place is my brother. Any man willing to turn and run is my enemy. Which will you be?"

It's got nothing to do with political parties and if you hate GWB just becaues he is a republican, I don't know what to tell you. So what if the 3rd ID is going to Korea. Don't say I don't know about the problems this causes people. A good friend's (a veteran of Bosnia) reserve unit just got activated and they are leaving ASAP. They are a legitimate threat. Do you think Kerry or Gore could have gotten Lybia to do what Bush did? H**L NO! If Gore won last time or if Kerry wins this time and it happens again, What do you think they will do? Act just like Spain, get hit once, cut and run cowering in a corner. "Please Mr. Terrorist, don't hurt us." What you don't understand is there can be no peace with these extremeists They will not stop till all not like them are dead! We can either cower in a corner or meet them face to face. I gaurantee (once again I can't spell) Kerry won't be going after them or anyone else.

I think any firefighter that votes for Kerry has truly forgoten 9-11-01

God bless the armed forces and good luck Sgt. Jerome Colon
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

It's got nothing to do with political parties and if you hate GWB just becaues he is a republican, I don't know what to tell you. So what if the 3rd ID is going to Korea. Don't say I don't know about the problems this causes people. A good friend's (a veteran of Bosnia) reserve unit just got activated and they are leaving ASAP. They are a legitimate threat. Do you think Kerry or Gore could have gotten Lybia to do what Bush did? H**L NO! If Gore won last time or if Kerry wins this time and it happens again, What do you think they will do? Act just like Spain, get hit once, cut and run cowering in a corner. "Please Mr. Terrorist, don't hurt us." What you don't understand is there can be no peace with these extremeists They will not stop till all not like them are dead! We can either cower in a corner or meet them face to face. I gaurantee (once again I can't spell) Kerry won't be going after them or anyone else.

I agree with you brother. I know I'm a rookie as far as training wise, but I was always around the firehouse. This is just my opinion but I believe that will happen if Kerry or someone else goes in there!
    Proud to be IACOJ!
    MD FF/EMT

Originally posted by FireSarge
    not me i am a die hard democrat. i dont want bush in much longer or i might end up in some ****hole country because he decided to invade them.

scuttlebutt has it the 3rd ID is going to Korea instead of Iraq so you tell me who you want for president
    What, you didn't think you might have to deploy when you joined the Army, Sarge?

I love this..."Oh my God...I might have to do the JOB that I VOLUNTEERED for. What, you mean it's more than one weekend a month and two weeks annually? When did it say that in my contract?"

Funny, all of the military people I know (and admittedly, I know a lot, but I can't possibly know what ALL military people think, of course) couldn't wait to be deployed in defense of their country after 9/11.

John Kerry is an opportunist and a liar. That want you want for your C-in-C?
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile Another view.........................

Just a sobering thought, THE REAL POLL WILL BE TAKEN ON NOVEMBER 2nd.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I support Capt. Gonzo, hope he gets 4 more years!
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

if i get deployed i will go and do my job. but there are countries now that we dont need to be in anymore and bush is adding more to the list.

the army is stretched way yoo thin right now if a true and dire threat would arise we would be defeated easily. and the 3rd ID going to korea is a real big problem. NKA outnumbers us 4 to 1 easily. we would not win a ground war against them.
    FireSarge
    Joseph Sullivan
    Ohio

"Any man willing to die in my place is my brother. Any man willing to turn and run is my enemy. Which will you be?"

Forum Member

Well ... I support none of them. The guy I wanted... he dropped out so I dont know anymore. I still am a believer that General Wesley Clark would have done the best job... but other than that I will just be sticking with Bush. He may not be great, but atleast he is not scum.

And yeah whoever made the comments about Bush tax cuts. I guess your on the higher side of life huh? The tax cuts only really help those that well over 50,000. You have to love their trickle-down theory.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Originally posted by FireSarge
    if i get deployed i will go and do my job. but there are countries now that we dont need to be in anymore and bush is adding more to the list.

the army is stretched way yoo thin right now if a true and dire threat would arise we would be defeated easily. and the 3rd ID going to korea is a real big problem. NKA outnumbers us 4 to 1 easily. we would not win a ground war against them.
    Wow. Do you lead troops? If you do, I sure hope you don't tell them this sh*t. "We would be defeated easily"? Are you an American soldier? Sure you're not French?

Numerical advantage is total bullsh*t unless you have the ability to manuever, and use overwhelming firepower. And there is not an army in the history of the world that can manuever and hit with overwhelming firepower like the US Army. The 3rd ID is a bad mother-effer.

So the NKA may have a numerical advantage, but the modern US Army is an army of manuever, and the American way of waging war is with a fully integrated battlefield - all services, combined arms, massive firepower. Did the Iraqi Army also not have a numerical advantage, both in 1991 and in Iraqi Freedom? Didn't the Soviets have a numerical advantage in Afghanistan? Didn't help them, because they couldn't manuever and bring their big weapons to bear quickly enough.

Finally, the NKA is an army of conscripts from a country whose government is starving them to death. Think they would be really motivated to fight once a few MOABs are dropped in among them? How about 1,000 anti-personnel bomblets? How about when their T-80s start disintegrating from direct hit 120mm rounds before they can even SEE the enemy tanks?

Vote for Kerry, and I can guarantee you we'll need those Level A suits currently packed away in the back of the MCU. Me, I'd prefer to keep them there.
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmm Sarge when was the last time we were not outnumberd? Lets think here.
    Revolutionary War - out manned, out gunned, out trained, result, we won
    WWI - out manned, out gunned, out trained, result, we won again

WWII - once again out manned, out gunned, out trained, result we won

Korea - out manned, finally not out gunned, training results may vary, result we won

Vietnam - out manned, not out gunned, and for the most part not out trained, result we won on the battlefield lost in the homes.

Desert Storm - out manned, not out gunned, not out trained, result no contest

2nd Desert Storm - out manned, not out gunned, not out trained, results, final results are not yet in but its pretty apparenty that unless something really goes wrong, such as Kerry in office, we can chalk it up as a win.

The common theme here is that through out history we have always been at the disadvantage in terms of manpower, yet we always get the jon done. Kinda like the fire dept. If you want another clue that numbers dont mean everything just look at Isreal, there is nobody that can beat them. I honestly believe that if we went up against them it would be a draw. They are a motivated, dedicated, and hard core group of battle hardened soldiers.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Forum Member

Too bad more Americans don't stand behind their president and our troops, to show the world what we stand for! (and what we won't stand for) .. Go Bush! .. SB (local 1355 retired)
    Last edited by StoveBolt; 03-19-2004 at 10:39 PM.

Forum Member

Default The War is not the Presidents or any Americans fault

Politics aside I don't understand how being deployed to Korea is President Bush's fault (for lack of better word) Every president since Harry Truman has had to send troops there and apparently we will be there for as long as it takes (it's been 54 years!). I agree the military is stretched thin (What other options are there?) but deployments skyrocketed during the 90's and we have never left those places. Bush was not in office during the 90's, as for **** hole countries the Terrorists and their supporters base themselves in those areas. We did not start this fight Terorism came to us and it started back in 1982 in Beirut. 2001 we finally had enough and took the fight to them. Im greatfull that President Bush takes the security of American and its citizens number 1 priority. If this war means attacking established foes and attacking others BEFORE they become threats (Once a nation, or group reaches a certain level or ability we lose alot of leverage in dealing with them) then so be it. When I look at my 9 month old son I want the fight now so my boy won't have to when he gets older. I want him to enjoy life hopefully free of conflict. Just my thoughts.

Bush takes the security of American and its citizens number 1 priority. If this war means attacking established foes and attacking others BEFORE they become threats (Once a nation, or group reaches a certain level or ability we lose alot of leverage in dealing with them) then so be it.
    This is a bunch of crap. Just who decides this? At what point do nations qualify for our aggression? Why did we not invade China or North Korea? This idea of justifying the war in Iraq as "getting them before they get us" is ridiculous.

What would you have us do sit back and wait till they attack us. We've already found the mobile WMD labs and the terrorist trainig camps with the hulls from jets in Iraq. (HMMM wonder where they trained how to keep the crowds controlled for 9-11???????????)

All you have to do is look at their histories. It's all in black and white do you want a man who is going to stand up and say NO! you will not terrorize us or do you want a slimeball who will dismantle anything President Bush built up and then when it happens again, stand there and say Gee I don't know how this happened, but I sure hope it doesn't happen again.

Kerry abandoned his brothers during Vietnam. After he came home he started protesting the war. He organized this whole "medal returning ceremony" and then he didn't even return his own medals, he returned somebody else's He is a true slimeball. If he was this fake with his brothers in arms, what is he going to do with the 200,000,000 Americams that he really doesn't care about?

And Yes I still believe any firefighter who doesn't vote for GWB has truly forgotten

I know I won't

Forum Member

lets see didn't sadam try to take over iran.. kill 300,000 of his own people, gas the kurds, took over kuwait set their oil wells on fire, defied the un's 17 resolutions and 12 years of trying to enforce them, kicking out the inspectors then letting them back in, running them around, all along shooting at our pilots every day in the no fly zone, bush even at the last gave him 24 hours to get out of town, as far as MSD's the whole world thought he had them including bubba clinton and kerry himself, and did have them at one point, if we loose anymore of the coalition or the war it won't be because its not the right thing to do, but how the rest of the world looks at the americans who don't support their president, i for one won't be following around john kerry with a flower in my hair .. SB (local 1355 retired)

What would you have us do sit back and wait till they attack us. We've already found the mobile WMD labs and the terrorist trainig camps with the hulls from jets in Iraq. (HMMM wonder where they trained how to keep the crowds controlled for 9-11???????????)
    There is no real connection between Iraq's government and organized terrorist groups. The things you talk of were found in U.S. controlled areas of Iraq. Saddam did not tolerate the religious terrorist groups. This has been hashed out in other threads. I will not start again, here. It is quite clear now, that the reasons GWB gave for invading Iraq were not true. All the yacking about him being a "bad person" and Iraq being better off than before are invalid points, in my opinion. We cannot continue to invade countries and overthrow their governments, simply because we do not like them. This is wrong.

Thread Information