Forum Member

Talking New, live ,exclusive footage of me doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hhehehe Matt1984 pointed this out to me today. My department was called in to light up the scene at this fire. Acourse once our lights are on there is nothing for me to do.......and acourse thats what the camera captured!

Im in the blue jeans and blue winter coat.

http://wbzimg.dayport.com/htm/wbz4pl...tm?Art_ID=3755

Fire ravages Hale Street auto repair shop

By Andrew Hickey

BEVERLY -- Flames licked the tops of trees last night as a three-alarm fire swallowed a Hale Street auto repair shop, leaving behind a charred and smoldering shell.

Explosions punctuated the blaze that destroyed Cove Auto Repair and Reliable Transmission Repair at 146 Hale St. Some cars parked in front of the business melted in the intense heat.

Beverly Fire Chief Richard Pierce said the explosions were likely caused by tanks and drums filled with gasoline, transmission fluid and other combustible materials, and possibly a 100-pound propane tank. Firefighters and onlookers estimated anywhere from five to 20 explosions were heard.

It's unknown at this point what caused the fire.

"This started out really dangerous with all of those explosions," Pierce said, adding that the building is more than 100 years old.

Capt. Jim Maggiacomo was the first to arrive at the fire just before 9 p.m. He said the force of the fire tore through the rear of the building and flames shot out the back.

"We had to back off for a minute because someone reported a 100-pound propane tank was inside," he said.

Pierce said that several other fire companies were called in to assist.

"We had so much fire and so little manpower," he said, adding that about 30 firefighters battled the blaze.

The fire went from one-alarm to three alarms within 13 minutes. Pierce said it took firefighters about an hour to get the relentless blaze under control by about 10 p.m.

"When I pulled up, the building was engulfed from one end to the other with large explosions," he said. "There was a big fireball coming out of the front door."

Dave Kluge, who lives near the shop and was planning to bring his car in for work next week, said he heard the first explosion pop.

"I live on the top of the hill and I jumped out of my seat at the first explosion," he said. "As soon as I walked out of my house I smelled it. The whole back of the building was as high as the treetops, maybe 20 feet or 30 feet high."

Kluge and several other neighborhood residents crowded the street to watch firefighters work from all angles.

Thick black smoke and scattered ash covered the street as bright orange flames rolled over the entire building.

A ladder crew positioned above the fire doused the roof of Hale Street Automotive, a business just feet away from Cove Auto Repair, to prevent the fire from extending. Pierce said Hale Street Automotive appeared to suffer little or no damage.

"We stopped that right off the bat," he said.

Transmission business owner Clifford Bissonnette told investigators that he closed up the shop as usual earlier in the evening and did not know how the fire could have started, investigators said. He added, however, that the business was broken into recently.

Bissonnette declined to comment, saying "I just lost six years of my life."

He owns and operates the business, but does not own the building, investigators said.

Firefighter Paul Rideout, who is also a Beverly Fire Department Public Information Officer, said firefighters would remain on-scene through this morning watching for more hotspots.

"It's still smoldering," he said just before midnight, adding that the roof had collapsed and the building consisted of just free-standing walls.

Rideout said fire investigators will return this morning to try to determine what ignited the blaze and to put a dollar amount on the totalled business.

Fire crews from Danvers, Hamilton, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Peabody and Salem assisted the Beverly Fire Department.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

At least you weren't caught gulping down a coffee and sandwich before going back out into the cold for another 6 hours for a recovery out of a river like I was damn tv crew...just because I almost, by accident mind you, pushed the camera guy into the river....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

at least it got your good side
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Sr. Information Officer

Talking

Well, whatever you were doing....you did it to the best of your ability!

Remember...you never know who might be watching. Good thing you didn't pick your nose...or worse
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

We had a sulpher fire in January. I didn't want to be on the news so I hiked it to the truck and pretended I was doing something. The news got a lovely shot of me bending over. I managed to convey "busy" though!

Forum Member

Auto shop blaze costly, accidental

By Andrew Hickey

Staff writer

BEVERLY -- The explosive, three-alarm fire that wiped out two Hale Street auto repair shops Wednesday caused roughly half a million dollars in damage, fire investigators said yesterday.

The Beverly fire investigation team has been probing the cause of the blaze that destroyed Cove Auto Repair and Reliable Transmission Rebuilding at 146 Hale St. since early Thursday morning.

Aided by state troopers assigned to the State Fire Marshal's Office, investigators shoveled through the rubble and debris for hours Thursday and returned for a short time yesterday.

Fire Lt. Jeffrey Sirois, a fire investigator, said yesterday the blaze appears accidental and was likely sparked by an electrical problem.

About 30 firefighters battled the stubborn, 30-foot flames for more than an hour Wednesday night. The fire was reported just before 9 p.m. When crews arrived, the building was flaming from end to end with anywhere from five to 20 explosions fueling the flames.

Fire officials said the explosions were probably caused by chemicals stored in the building, such as propane, gasoline, acetylene and oil.

Sirois said yesterday the building is valued at more than $200,000. The fire ravaged four vehicles inside the building -- including a $50,000 Big Jim's tow truck -- and seven more melted outside. Also lost were an unknown amount of tools, equipment and other materials, bringing the total damage to between $400,000 and $500,000, Sirois said. That amount, Sirois said, is an early estimate and could change depending on the value of the tools and other equipment lost.

Though the entire century-old building was gutted -- the roof caved in, leaving just charred, free-standing walls -- Sirois said investigators pinpointed the origin of the blaze in a rear corner of the businesses.

"We know within a few feet of where it started," he said. "Everything leaves a mark."
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Better than being seen on the nightly news carrying a backboarded pt in the woods and getting tree branches in the face.

Forum Member

New, live ,exclusive footage of me doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a truckie?
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

former FH.com member

Hey, watch it there little man.

You are a truckie?
    Awww. I thought they described him as lazy.

Forum Member

Originally posted by SAFD46Truck
    Hey, watch it there little man.
    Gotta give ya a little grief.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information