Assistant Chief

Question Advantage Apparatus

Does anybody here have any experience with Advantage Apparatus? I've seen thier adds in all sorts of trade magazines and finally wandered over to their web page the other day. I'm wondering how good a truck they make.

My department is pretty rural. We cover about 100 or so square miles and run about 40-50 calls a year, with only 5-6 of those being actual structure fires. We're looking to improve our current 7-8 ISO rating. Besides the obvious training issue it's been mentioned that maybe a large pumper/tanker like this with CAFS and carrying 5 inch LDH would help with that. We do not have alot of money and can't afford to buy a large brand name truck ie Pierce,E-One, Seagrave etc...but something like Advantage's "Foam Dragon" would fit pretty well into our budget.

What I'm looking for here is some actuall experience with these trucks, not speculation please. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Stay safe out there!

Brad
    Brad A. Ingersoll
    Assistant Chief
    Maple Bluff Fire Department
    Blooming Grove, Burke, Maple Bluff EMS

Badgerland FOOLS
    EGH-PTB-FTM

MembersZone Subscriber

Default never seen one of there trucks, but

In the process of spec'ing our truck, I talked with Bob Fournier of Advantage. We didn't go in that direction, but Bob is a hell of a smart guy, and he knows the needs and budgetary limitations of rural, volunteer departments.

From what I gathered, Advantage mainly takes arial chassis, removes the ladder, and cuts the frame down to what is needed. He has the engine, tranny, and pump rebuilt to new specs, and mounts a new tank/body.

If you are interested, you should find out who has Advantage trucks and talk to them.

They are in Vermont (I think) and you might start there.

I live in Vermont, and the only apparatus manufacturer I know of is V-Tech. Don't take my word for it though, but I'll try to confirm that

Assistant Chief

Default Check out the web site....

Originally posted by pfd3501
    In the process of spec'ing our truck, I talked with Bob Fournier of Advantage. We didn't go in that direction, but Bob is a hell of a smart guy, and he knows the needs and budgetary limitations of rural, volunteer departments.

From what I gathered, Advantage mainly takes arial chassis, removes the ladder, and cuts the frame down to what is needed. He has the engine, tranny, and pump rebuilt to new specs, and mounts a new tank/body.

If you are interested, you should find out who has Advantage trucks and talk to them.

They are in Vermont (I think) and you might start there.
    The site clearly says they build the trucks in Canada....

I think more people read the Firefighter's forum. I'll try and post this there too.

Thanks for the replies so far. If we get really serious I'll just have to try giving them a call and getting some references.

Brad
    Brad A. Ingersoll
    Assistant Chief
    Maple Bluff Fire Department
    Blooming Grove, Burke, Maple Bluff EMS

Badgerland FOOLS
    EGH-PTB-FTM

Thread Information