Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Baby's Body found Under Bridge

This is a very sad but true story from historic Harpers Ferry WV yesterday. Click HERE What kind of sick people would do this.
    Please visit http://www.wvfirefighters.com the source for fire / ems news and information.

Update: It was released today that the state autopsy revealed that the baby was born alive, and died from injuries sustained in the fall. The poor little thing must have still been alive when someone placed it in the weighted bag.
    Please visit http://www.wvfirefighters.com the source for fire / ems news and information.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I was horrifed enough before your update
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Angry my god

makes me sick

This is very sad. If this baby was so unwanted, why not give it up instead of killing it? There are thousands of people in this world who would love to have a baby but can't and would raise it in a loving home.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

This is very sad. What were they thinking?!?!?!?
    Rescue Squad 12 to FireAlarm!!.....Squad 12?.....Give Me The 3 Alram!!!!!!

Church, mayor offer funeral for newborn found dead on riverbank
    March 25, 2004 12:58 PM
    Inwood
    At least two offers have been made to provide funeral services for a newborn whose body was found in a garbage bag on the banks of the Shenandoah River in Jefferson County.

Berkeley County's St. Leo Roman Catholic Church in Inwood has established a benefit fund with the Bank of Charles Town for the infant, who has been named Adam by the congregation.

Church member Larry McCabe says that if no one claims the infant's body, the church would provide a funeral and burial.

The infant's body was found Sunday by a Harpers Ferry National Historical Park ranger.

Autopsy results show the baby likely was alive when he was tossed from the US Route 340 bridge near Harpers Ferry.

Susan Webster, the mayor of the Morgan County town of Bath, plans to ask town council to donate a burial spot for the child.

Webster also says a Mass will be celebrated on Easter Sunday for the infant at St. Vincent De Paul Church in Berkeley Springs.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department has said the body will remain in the state's custody until the case is resolved.

___

Information from: The Journal, http://journal-news.net/

Thread Information