Forum Member

Angry Check This???????

Listen here there is somthing kinda funny about this whole 2003 grant. See we did not recive nothing no 1199a form, no DJ letter no nothin. We went through RDC not did RDC f***ed up or what. Somebody answer me that or was it FEMA the f***ed up.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I don't know how many other views your message has had, but I can't understand what you're saying. Who is RDC and what do they have to do with the program? Who was the contact for the department?

I did talk to another department that used a writer who was the primary contact, and they writer got the Dear John in October, but didn't say anything until someone from the department called FEMA themselves in December and found out they were DJ'd. Maybe someone isn't passing on bad news like they're supposed to.

This is why I'm not the primary contact for any applications except my own department. The people I'm writing for are responsible for the inclusion of the work I do into their online application, and for verifying that what I do is accurate based on what they told me in meetings. I have no usernames and password to access their applications. Keeps me out of it. Even though we're nearing the end of the application period, if you're using a grant writer, make sure they don't have your login info. You're responsible for what they submit on your behalf.

Forum Member

Originally posted by BC79er
    This is why I'm not the primary contact for any applications except my own department. The people I'm writing for are responsible for the inclusion of the work I do into their online application, and for verifying that what I do is accurate .... You're responsible for what they submit on your behalf.
    EXACTLY! When you have a grant writer/contractor submit your grant and people at FEMA/DHS need to contact you, they can only contact the submitter - ie the grant writer. Then FEMA/DHS calls the grant writer, who hasn't worked with the department for months and doesn't bother to pass the message along to the fire department, and it is not always easy to track down fire chief.
    And in the cases of possible fraud, if all departments read what was being submitted on their behalf, the grant writers couldn't have ripped them off. The departments could have notified FEMA/DHS there was something amiss instead of the other way around (when the similarities were caught during peer review, it was much too late for the departments to resubmit)

Forum Member

Hey fireguy, I assume the RDC you mentioned in your Rural Development Center. Where is your RDC located? Who was your point of contact with the RDC? We have had good luck with our RDC writing our grants for our city in the past. Let me know!

Thread Information