Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Exhaust Evacuation System

I am in need of some info to see of there is a exhaust evacuation system, either for the station or invidual truck that actually cleans the air before exhausted into the atmosphere.It can be done by either filters of electronically. If anybody knows any vendors please let me know. thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Ward Diesel makes a system called "No Smoke" that is installed in the exhaust system of indivdual units that is supposed to "trap potentially hazardous pollutants before you take a single breath."

IMO the system sucks, others may feel differently.

But in my experience it seems to rob engine power, the trucks still belch out black smoke, and when you turn the unit off the diverter opens and spits out a noxious smelling odor- releasing everything it had built up while backing into the station.

http://www.warddiesel.com/

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by jpsmith2
    Ward Diesel makes a system called "No Smoke" that is installed in the exhaust system of indivdual units that is supposed to "trap potentially hazardous pollutants before you take a single breath."

IMO the system sucks, others may feel differently.

But in my experience it seems to rob engine power, the trucks still belch out black smoke, and when you turn the unit off the diverter opens and spits out a noxious smelling odor- releasing everything it had built up while backing into the station.

http://www.warddiesel.com/
    We used to use the same system on our vehicles.

As jpsmith said, there's a diverter that closes up when you start the vehicle and when the vehicle is put in reverse. After a minute or so, the diverter opens. If you're doing maintanance checks that the vehicle is going to be running for a period of time, the system's useless.

We use a Plymovent...........I am not sure if it cleans the air ....but it works great and you can use it when just running the vehicles.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

We use a Plymovent...........I am not sure if it cleans the air
    If you ever have the pleasure of replacing the air line tubing that runs inside of the main trunk, you'll see just how much stuff was "cleaned" out of the exhaust- even if it isn't by design. And you'll be a lot more careful about melting the tubing in the future.
    TW
    Essex Junction Fire Dept.
    Vermont

Default We got a quote from Ward a while back...

...and in addition to all the other faults listed it's pretty expensive too. We are considering applying for an exhaust system for this year's FIRE Grant.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

You know that thing inside your helmet? Use it wisely and you'll be just fine.

Thread Information