Thread: kckfd

Default kckfd

I am in the same boat you are man. I have not heard anything from kckfd. I did call Chief Duke and ask him about two weeks ago and he said that they were still doing background checks. I guess that it would take a while to do so many checks.
    Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Apparently some conditional offers have been made to paramedics. As for the rest of the gang with just a Basic level of training I have yet to hear anything.

I am concerned now that you said offers are being made to medics. I hope that I hear something soon or I am going to go crazy wondering what is going on. Please let me know on this thread or by email when you hear something FLASHOVER. Thanks. Be safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default conditional hires

guys,

from what i've heard, kck offered 71 people jobs last week. EMT's and Medics. those jobs are conditional upon passing a drug screen, polygraph, doctor's physical, and psych exam. their start date is may 1.
    a few will get knocked out (mostly on the polygraph, which should be illegal, but that's a different matter), so potentially a few more spots will open up. they probably (PROBABLY, i said) will have quite a bit of turnover. EMS always does. Also they gave preference to current city government employees, some of whom have no fire or EMS training/experience, so, the best you can hope for is to get a call on down the line, as attrition takes its toll.

Well that is disappointing news for me. I was hoping that I would be in there with the class starting on May 1. Oh well, what are you going to do. Hopefully I here something if there is some spots that open up. Keep me up to date guys. Thanks.

Thread Information