Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Philosophy For The Day

Rex Barker is at it again.....

Quote of the Day
    Humans are powerful spiritual beings meant to create good on the earth. This good isn't usually accomplished in bold actions, but in singular acts of kindness between people. It's the little things that count, because they are more spontaneous and show who you truly are.
    -Dannion Brinkley

The Gift of Increase.
    "A personís gift brings them increase; and brings them before great people."(Proverbs , by King Solomon)

According to physical law, if you give something away you will have less.

However, King Solomon teaches us that according to spiritual rules, giving precipitates abundant blessings, goodness, and success to flow upon the giver.

Not only will a beneficent person see material dividends, even more, he or she will be blessed with many friends. Indeed, there is no attribute that causes one to be beloved as generosity.

Thus, a personís gift brings them an increase in friends. And the many friends that one has will provide them with the most valuable of all virtuesópeace of mind.

This is Rex Barker, C.S. reminding you that no one ever became poor by helping others and giving charity.

Today's Joke
    Do You Know What They Know?
    A woman called a local hospital. "Hello," she said. "I'd like to talk with the person who gives the information regarding your patients. I'd like to find out if the patient is getting better, doing as expected or getting worse."

The voice on the other end of the line said, "What is the patient's name and room number?"

"Sarah Finkel in Room 302," the woman answered.

"I will connect you with the nursing station."

"3-A Nursing Station. How can I help You?"

"I would like to know the condition of Sarah Finkel in Room 302."

"Just a moment. Let me look at her records. Oh, yes. Mrs. Finkel is doing very well. In fact, she's had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, her blood work just came back as normal, she's going to be taken off the heart monitor in a couple of hours and, if she continues this improvement, Dr. Cohen is going to send her home Tuesday at noon."

"Thank God!" the woman said. "That's wonderful! Oh! That's fantastic, that's wonderful news!"

The nurse said, "From your enthusiasm, I take it you must be a family member or a very close friend!"

"Not exactly," the woman said. "I'm Sarah Finkel in 302! Nobody here tells me anything."

Enjoy your Day Y'all!!!!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote of the Day

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can dream it, you can become it.
    -William Arthur Ward

I feel like "Giving my Brain a Vacation!"

"Our brightest blazes of gladness are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks." Samuel Johnson

Ever wondered why you get some of your best ideas in the shower? Or why you become more insightful as each day of your vacation passes?

It all has to do with the way you think!

There are two basic "M.O's" for the human brain.
    The analytical, thinking mode - useful to memorize, review financial reports or learn a new skill. And the relaxed, insightful mode - the one that allows us to relax our thoughts, be present in the moment and access wisdom. (otherwise known as the taking a shower/relaxing on vacation mode!)

Both are important and each can be useful when used in the right way.

Because most of us live in Information Overload, we are focused from the neck up. I like to call the resulting condition 'Analysis Paralysis." Think of it as a situation where we are so focused on analyzing the past and worrying about the future, that we're seriously compromising the quality of our lives in the present moment.

Worrying...Ruminating ...Obsessing... if you're suffering over how to solve a problem and your mind is doing loops, there is a pretty good chance that you are in analytical mode.

This is Rex Barker C.S. (Calm under Stress) saying that if you want to enjoy life more fully, the trick is to teach yourself to stay in the insightful mode more often. That way, you'll have more of the analytical brain available for the more important things like putting the gas grill together this summer. I can smell those ribs already....Ahhhhh!

RESPOND: RexBarker@HumorNetwork.com

A man had been driving all night and by morning was still far from his destination. He decided to stop at the next city he came to, and park somewhere quiet so he could get an hour or two of sleep. As luck would have it, the quiet place he chose happened to be on one of the city's major jogging routes. No sooner had he settled back to snooze when there came a knocking on his window. He looked out and saw a jogger running in place.

"Yes?"

"Excuse me, sir," the jogger said, "do you have the time?" The man looked at the car clock and answered, "8:15". The jogger said thanks and left. The man settled back again, and was just dozing off when there was another knock on the window and another jogger.

"Excuse me, sir, do you have the time?"

"7:25!"

The jogger said thanks and left. Now the man could see other joggers passing by and he knew it was only a matter of time before another one disturbed him. To avoid the problem, he got out a pen and paper and put a sign in his window saying, "I do not know the time!" Once again he settled back to sleep. He was just dozing off when there was another knock on the window.

"Sir, sir? It's 7:45!."
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information