Thread: Polaris Ranger

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Polaris Ranger

I was just wondering how many departments if any have a Polaris Ranger outfitted with a tank and pump to be used for grass/field/timber fires and rescues? Any input or suggestions on this would be great. Thanks Lil Yogi

Forum Member

Actually what we have I belive is a better set up......we have 2 and soon to be 3 John Deere 4x6 Gators.......with 50 gallon tanks ...i belive we have 11 horse honda engines on them with a presssure washer type pump and a pressure washer type wand on it.....one guy can drive and the other spray...let me tell ya....you can put out a ton of brush or grass fire in a hurry......we have been called to another county for mutual aid with a gator over 3 times this year......I think John Deere actually sells a slide in fire unit but it is way over priced

look on these pagesat the bottom and there will be pictures of them...we are building the 3rd one right now

http://www.williamsoncountyfiredistrict.org/page13.html

http://www.williamsoncountyfiredistrict.org/page15.html

There is my 2 cents worth

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber
    finally getting ready to start the new station

One of those would sure look good in Pearl City, but then, we wouldn't have room for it in our station. It'd be alot cheaper than a new pickup and slide in unit too. Oh, btw, that's what our guys decided to apply for for this year's Fire Act grant. I already know we won't get awarded 3 years in a row.
    And if we don't get the grant, I'll get blamed for writing an application that wasn't good enough.
    Last edited by pcfdcap1; 03-25-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

Forum Member

well what a great deal that is !!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

has anyone heard from DNR on the grant yet? I am still waiting to hear if we get anything.

Default Responding to Polaris

I see that you are from Erie so I am sure you have seen our Polaris from Colona. We bought it about 1 year ago and has taken us to remote fire locations that no other truck could get access too. We installed a fram on the back to allow a backboarded patient to be placed on for remote rescues along the hennepin canal. The 6 x 6 can travel at speeds close to 40 mph with 90 gallons of water and two personnel. Thats alot faster than the Gator even the the gator is a fine machine. We have a large RV pump installed in the tank that runs off the battery and are able to have to small garden hose hand lines to provide extinguishment while on the run. We installed a wench on the front and have had absolutely no problems. It can go where brush trucks can't. Anyone wishing to give it a drive and ook at the layout can just stop by the station and we would be glad to answer any questions you have. Tell Darrin Keith Bic says hello...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hey there

Hey Bic,
    This is Darin Keith! ha ha
    We got the DNR grant so we are in the process of getting our Polaris Ranger 4x4. We are looking forward to it.

Hey, you got an app. for me? Talk to you later. Darin

Forum Member

the only problem i see with the polaris is the speed...we all know we have LEAD feet...and with a top speed of 40 MPH it would be easy to run it too fast in a off road situation and cause injury or even death......

Forum Member

Sounds like a guy with a love for green paint, must be a farmer Hi Bic,the boys from clover say hello.

Default HEY

Hey D!!! Yes give me a call on my cell 309.314.0566 and we can pick a night to get together to get the forms filled out. Hey Clover FD, tell everyone I said hello as well. Great to hear from folks I know its just with the screen names you never know who it is..lol. and yes the Polaris is a bit fast but surprizingly smooth even at fast speeds greatly attributed to the 6 x 6 frame... Peace

Bic

MembersZone Subscriber

I will get ahold of you this weekend, We just might have to put the rangers to a test, 4x4 or 6x6, It is hard telling what you Colona Boys did to the motor of yours though so maybe not! ha ha ha

Thread Information