IACOJ Agitator

Default CFDIA Presents Appratus Driver Safety Seminar

The Connecticut Fire Department Instructors’ Association, with support of the Commission on Fire Prevention and Control, bring Mike Wilbur’s highly popular and in demand Apparatus Driver Safety program to Connecticut on Friday, May 7, 2004.

Topics to be covered include:
    • Apparatus Accidents / Liability
    • Personnel Selection (Motivation and Attitude)
    • Apparatus Architecture
    • Safety Inspections
    • Standard Operating Procedures
    • Driver Training Programs

Audience:
    Instructors, Engineers, potential Engineers, Drivers and potential Drivers would be excellent candidates to take this seminar. Company and Chief Officers would also benefit greatly by attending.
    Drivers will gain a heightened awareness of their responsibilities and the liabilities when they drive. Instructors will have an outline of a driver training program and Company and Chief Officers will have the ability to write comprehensive Standard

--------------------------------------------

About Mike Wilbur (from his Firehouse.com bio):

Mike Wilbur has been a volunteer firefighter for 28 years and a career firefighter with the New York City Fire Department for 21 years. In the New York City Fire Department Mike was assigned to Ladder Company 56 for 15 years 8 as an apparatus operator and in 1995 was promoted to the rank of Lt. and is presently assigned to Ladder Company 27. Lt. Wilbur also serves on the FDNY apparatus purchasing committee, and has given state certification to the FDNY chauffeurs school.
    Mike is also a contributing editor for Firehouse Magazine and Fire Apparatus Journal. He has also served on the IFSTA validation committees for the Apparatus Operator and Aerial Operator Manuals. Lt. Wilbur in nationally recognized in Emergency Vehicle Operations, Apparatus Placement and Purchasing.

Visit his website: www.emergencyvehicleresponse.com

--------------------------------------------

Seminar brochures are available for download at on the CFDIA's new website at http://www.cfdia.org
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

It sounds like a good seminar, but will we be able to get into Connecticut by then, or will traffic still be backed up from I-95??
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

IACOJ Agitator

Traffic will always be backed up on I-95 until the reconstruct the entire highway. If I recall correctly, the number of cars designed to be driven on I-95 daily in CT was surpassed not to long after it opened (I want to say a few months or even a year, but I'm not sure)

Take the Merrit Parkway...more scenic and no tractor trailers (if you are worried about that).
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Thread Information