Thread: Brush Trucks

Forum Member

Default Brush Trucks

Lets see what you guys run for brush equipment, everything from the multi-thousand dollar units to the scratch-built.
    Ours is here;
    http://www.newmarketfire.com/forestry_truck.htm
    Captain / NRFR
    Newmarket Fire & Rescue
    http://www.NewmarketFire.com

Forum Member

We run just about anything for a brush truck from an old ford pickup with a 300 gallon tank and gas powered pump with a riding platform on back up to heavy 6x6 1800 gallon tenders and even an old army ammo carrier.

Here is a few pictures.

Brush 609 on a fire

Rear of that same unit

A couple of pictures of the reserve brush units

One of three of the newest brush units these are a combo of a light rescue and brush.

Almost all of our tenders are 6x6 tenders we also use those for brush units.

Forum Member

Ooooppps , I forgot to post that old army ammo carrier.
    Well here you go.

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber

k1500chevy97, your newest brush unit looks like it has a remote gun on the front bumper, just wondering if you have used it much and how well does it work? we got ours last fall and haven't had it out on any fires. i personally don't think they would work as well as having someone with a booster line walkin or riding putting out the fire.

MembersZone Subscriber

k1500chevy97, your newest brush unit looks like it has a remote gun on the front bumper, just wondering if you have used it much and how well does it work? we got ours last fall and haven't had it out on any fires. i personally don't think they would work as well as having someone with a booster line walkin or riding putting out the fire.

Forum Member

Originally posted by firefighterbeau

Well, that new f-550 is not our stations rig all 3 of those units went to different stations within the district and my station did not receive one our brush unit is the chevy K30 in the first two pictures , but we do have a remote gun on the front of our off road tender (last two pictures).
    It is pretty easy to operate and provides twice the punch for knock down, but it does take one hand off the wheel which in off road situations isnt that good of a thing.

Brush 40 and engine 43 are ususally sent to brush fires...Sorry about the pictures, they were taken with a picture phone. Brush 40 is a 1979 Chevrolet 3500 4x4 with a 300 gallon tank. Engine 43 is a 1978 Ford Howe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by upinflames60; 04-01-2004 at 03:47 PM.
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Oops. here's brush 40
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

MembersZone Subscriber

well this is our baby...she's a 1970 ford with a custom unit which has 250 gal of water and 3 gal of class A foam. unit has 3 discharges, rakes, brooms ,chainsaw, ya know the basic stuff for a brush truck she's all Org. with the exep. of the pump and wheels and tires.

Last edited by dwwm2c4; 04-09-2004 at 07:33 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

ok thats interesting...how do ya post pics? i did it the same way i post all of my pics on diff. forums that use this same type of forum......if any of that made sense

MembersZone Subscriber

ok thats interesting...how do ya post pics? i did it the same way i post all of my pics on diff. forums that use this same type of forum......if any of that made sense

Thread Information