Thread: Saint Paul, MN

Forum Member

Default Saint Paul, MN

Does anyone know if Saint Paul will do another round of lateral hiring in the next year or two?

Thanks.

Truckie

The rumor on the street is that there is still a possibility of hiring off the current 17C (lateral transfer) list.
    Another is that there is a chance of another enterance exam in early '05. Please remember that ST Paul is a faily large government entity, that at times doesn't know it's ***** from a hole in the ground, and things change frequently. Another concern is we have a Mayor that is about as anti-fire as you can get. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if the Union didn't support him....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. Looks like I missed out.

Truckie

Did you get an opportunity to apply the last go around?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Nope, lacked hazmat tech. Had ops only.

Forum Member

I had the same problem. I only had haz-mat ops. I didn't have tech. I have always wanted to work for St. Paul.

Forum Member

Other MN Firefighter,

I've decided just to go get hazmat tech on my own but I'm having trouble finding a class. Any ideas? I did the same thing with FF 1 and 2 (because I got turned down to even apply for a job even though I'm already a paid FF).

P.S. which FD are you with?

Forum Member

If you are in the cities, I would check with Anoka Tech or Hennepin Tech. I believe they are doing these classes although I am not sure how often. Otherwise, I don't know. I might be able to check with some of my "sources". Where did you do FF1 and 2?

P.S. Red Wing. And you?

Forum Member

Redwing is a great city! I think that your fire chief is my former training commander from Mankato initials SN.

For FF 1 and 2 I just took the tests in some cities in MN. I went through and achademy in the city I work for now.

If you hear of a Hazmat tech class please let me know.

Forum Member

I will check into the Hazmat tech thing.

Your former training commander is our former deputy director of public safety - fire division. Our public safety director resigned. The city council decided to abolish public safety and go back to seperate police and fire departments. The chiefs job was open for internal applicants and SN didn't get it. In fact our union president with 30+ years experience got it.

Thread Information