1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Austin, TX

    Default Idiot starts fire in Colorado


    I was about to fall over when I watched this guy on the news. He had weeds and shrubs in his yard, so he thought he would "tidy up" and burn them. "I had no idea I needed a burn permit." March is by far the wettest month in Colorado and we have had maybe a 1/2" of snow as opposed to the normal 12" of snow. It has been above 65 degrees, sunny, and windy every day for two weeks. The wind picked up and blew this guy's fire more than 100' into the prairie and it's all over from there. He said he thought he was safe because he had a garden hose.

    The wind picked up tonight and the smoke is getting so thick that you can see it at night and it is about 20 miles from where I live.

    Sorry, had to vent.


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Captn46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Southwest Pennsylvania

    Default Some People Just Don't Get It


    I'm glad to see that we don't have the market cornered on foolish people.

    The president of our town council threw water on a grease fire last fall. No major damage just lots of smoke. It happened on a Friday and we reminded him if he was going to do dumb stuff Monday night is drill night.

    Stay Healthy & Stay Safe,


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register