Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Yes, another FDNY question.

Hey all! Did the background interview on Monday. Was told something interesting:

In order to use Veteran's Points you must be a NYS resident before the list is established.

Anyone else hear that? Or can anyone on the job confirm that?

Good luck all.

bam

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Yes, another FDNY question.

Yes, I read that a while ago, I believe I saw it on the NYC.gov website, if not there maybe it was the application packet, but I know I saw it in a very visible place.
    You're from Seattle and you've already interviewed? I take it you scored double 100's??

Forum Member

I don't think that you have to live in NY to use your veterans credit. I think that you being interviewed proves just that because I don't think that even people with double 100's and no extra 5 points have been interview... Not 100% sure though.

I think this issue came up on another one of these FDNY questions on this forum area

Yeah, I thought that was interesting. It was only one of the investigators that told me this info and I still haven't come across it in writing.

Missed one on the written, and must have got the 100% on the physical agility. I have the letter in requesting vet's points. And, NOT trying to get residency since I'm out here in Seattle. (Sunny and expecting 70F today 4/2)

It's the weirdest thing. I can't figure it out why I've interviewed so early. Took the physical agility in July too. Haven't run into anyone that did it then yet. So far doesn't seem to be any pattern yet for me.

And in no way am I thinking I got the job yet. (Hoping, yes!)

Good luck.

bam

MembersZone Subscriber

Arrow

When I took the test, only residents could use veterans credit. I don't know where it is written though.

Best of Luck.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

http://nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/commun...q.shtml#ny_vet

If you check out that link, it's to the FAQ's section on the hiring process for FDNY. Congrats on the early interview, can't be a bad thing.

Exclamation

There it is! Cool. Thanks.

Thread Information