Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default FDNY hiring info

Hey guys-

Just got back from my 1st interview (4-02-2004) and I made it a point to find out some info to post here. So far this is what I have:

I got 2 wrong on the written, evidently a 100 on the physical, and so did everyone else in my group (roughly 40-50 of us). For list #2043, the CFR-D requirement for pre-employment HAS been waived, and those lacking their CFR-D will have an opportunity to obtain it through the dept. after appointment. They told us that so far, all the guys who have gone in for appointments from day 1 thru today were all the top 600 candidates. The May class will comprise of the rest of the candidates on list #7029, and all other promotional tests, with a few from the new list, #2043. We were also told that out of all the test takers, only 7500 passed the written. There is a class scheduled tentatively for August, and another after that, probably Oct-Nov...

Now for my speculation-
    There were a few out-of-towners there(no residency pts) who got 2 wrong on the written, so I believe that they are selecting candidates based on the # wrong only, NOT including the residency and/or veterans/legacy credits. This makes sense because to qualify for extra points, proof still has to be brought in, and adjustments have to be made. So I guess that when all extra pts have been distributed, the list will then be established, and we will all recieve our list numbers...

To sum it up, GL to all those trying to get on the job, and I look forward to working with you all, one day soon...

DB

MembersZone Subscriber

everything you say sounds accurate and i agree with it all except for how they are calling guys in, bc i read a couple of guys on here that have 1 wrong on the written with no extra points (residency/veterans) and have not recieved anything...as far as the extra points go when you fill out your applications for the tests you claim residency so they give you the benefit of the doubt, when you go in to start your investigation (which was today for you) you have to prove you werent lying about living within the city....same goes for veterans and legacy credit...sorry if im wrong i apologize for making more confusion, but i dont see them doing it any other way

Sounds like the info I got too.
    Additionally: Psychological Interview is being waived for the entire list 2043. It will be the written Psych only.

bam

Forum Member

FINALLY! I got my package today and have my interview on April 29th.
    For the guys who already took the interview, are there any tips or questions that you can remember, anything is helpful.

I got a 97ish/100/+5

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

the biggest tip i can say bro is for your packet, make sure you get as much of the things you need for that day as you can, you dont want to have to bring stuff back that you didnt have and whatnot...also give yourself enough time to finish it all it takes a lot longer than it looks like it will...try to sit close to the front as possible when you go in also, youll be out quicker then rather than sitting for hours for your turn...they wont really ask any questions theyll just be looking for your paperwork to be done and all the stuff they requested you bring in (personal documents, proof of residency etc.)...youll also be given your psych and medical dates that day as well, i suggest trying to give yourself at 2 least 2 weeks to prepare for the medical even if you have been trying, cuz half my group failed and have to go back (not me, i took 2 weeks to bust my *** before)...other than that i cant really think of much...just be on time, wear a suit, and make sure you have everything....if anyone else notices i missed something fill the guy in...good luck bro

Default fdny medical

Does anyone know what the standards are for the medical??I keep getting different responses from the FD, and I need to know what that heart rate number is for a 21 year old. I've heard anywhere from 170 to 180, and i really want to know, i've been training extremely hard and want to pass it. Someone write back if you can help please.

MembersZone Subscriber

Only 7,500 passed the written??? Really??? or was it 7,500 passed written and physical? I know that something like 18,000 registered to take the test, and I thought I had read 14,000 had passed it. It's hard to keep track of what you read and where.

Also, proby2be, I only got one wrong on the written and no points for residency. I'm assuming I aced the physical. Still haven't heard anything yet on my end though.

Jim

I guess 7500 names remain after both the written and physical tests.

martinez24-
    The fact that you got 1 wrong proves my speculation is wrong after all...I have no clue as to how they are ordering the appointments. I specifically spoke to a guy sitting next to me from Maryland who got 2 wrong, no residency, so it's very confusing. Anyways, hope you get something soon.

DB

"The thought of you once made me smile; now it makes me stronger..."
    We miss and love you, Lou.
    Luis Jimenez 11-17-75 to 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY Hiring Info

just for reference I got two wrong and I assume a 100 on the aglilty plus I have residency and I have received nothing yet, so I'm not sure what's going on

Post W2 Forms?

Does anyone have some clues on how to get ahold of W2 forms if they are long gone? I've have had probably close to 10 jobs in the last five years, and not a single form...I'm assuming I need to get all of them for my interview on April 26.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by huneyrific View Post
    Does anyone have some clues on how to get ahold of W2 forms if they are long gone? I've have had probably close to 10 jobs in the last five years, and not a single form...I'm assuming I need to get all of them for my interview on April 26.
    You can just show up to your old job to request them or call your jobs HQ if they have one and call to receive them. EIther way, if you request them from work they have to give them to you. Alot of people need them come tax time so it's not a rare thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Or - check your copies of your old tax returns. . . usually there's copies there

Forum Member

sweet, answering questions asked in 2004. im sure he appreciates the timely response.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    sweet, answering questions asked in 2004. im sure he appreciates the timely response.
    better late than never haha

Thread Information