MembersZone Subscriber

Question Driver/ Operator Sog's

Hello to all. I am searching for any info that you may have in reference to driver/ operator checkoff. Our dept has never really had a written check sheet. VFIS's website has been of little help because that is not quite the direction I wish to go. Any check off forms or sog's will be helpful. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess it depends on how detailed a check you want. My full time department does a "weekly" check every day. All fluids, operation, equipment etc.
    Now other places I've been have a monthly spreadsheet where you check the basics. And a separate weekly check.

I'll see if we have it on the computer somewhere to forward.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe I wasn't quite clear. I am actually needing some ideas for new driver check off not equipment check off. We have been making people drive for X number of hours and record those but as far as a skills sheet I am at a loss for ideas. thanks anyway

MembersZone Subscriber

Our dept. has a pretty routhless driver's training program. In order for anyone to apply for an Engineer statis they must be a firefighter for 5 years. The first things they can apply for is our small vehicles, jeeps pickup truck, cruisier, and squads. They must be able to operate anything on those vehicles and operate these vehicles for 2 years. Then if they have met all previous training and had no disclipinary actions against them, then they can apply for the engines, ladder, and tanker. They must have 5 years of drivers training, concurrent, must have a min. of 75 miles on each vehicle. They must pump with hydrants, a dump tank, a pond, and a swimming pool. This makes the engineer know how to draft water. The new engineer must be able to use pressure supplying a ladder fully extended 85 feet along with 5 attack lines off the same vehicle at the same time. This helps with knowing how to regulate the pressure releif valve. After the new engineer has trained on all pumps and has driven all vehicles, then they have to pass a written test and pass a drivers obsticle course set up by our officers. The training program takes about 8 months to complete for a big apperatus engineer. Our officers have to check off anyone that has completed any vehicle before they can start on another vehicle. Like I said , we have a pretty routhless drivers training procedure.

Thread Information