Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default ohio fire student relocating to florida

hello i am an ohio fire student and i am interested in moving to florida after i finish my training in ohio. i am looking inot the palm beach county area, ft.meyers area, tampa,area and possibly miami and orlando as well. i was wondering if anyone could give some steps i might take as to what areas have the highest demand, what additional schooling i might need, what larger municipalities are looking for, and anything else that would be helpful. i am finishing up my 240 hr training now, that is all that ohio requires of their firefighters.

thanks

Forum Member

Fla. requires more trn than 280 so you will have to go back to a ff school once you get hear, but to realy be assured a job in fla. you should think about getting your Paramedic training at least go to EMT but the Medic almost gurentees you a job in fla. as we have a very big defaciet of medics right now and a lot our sceduled to be gone soon do to retirement. We have a "drop" program were you can work up to 5 yrs after retirement and build up a big cash ballon payment so fla knows how many of there are in the pipe line and its a big #.

See response to post from overseas brother.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information