Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Radios

Default Free Radios

If anyone knows of a department that still uses Motorola HT90 VHF portables, have some to give away. They are expensive to reprogram frequencies, but may be used for parts for existing equipment.
    We also have some Motorola Minitor pagers and chargers.
    These will only be given to a Fire Department NOT an individual.
    If interested send email to kjbarker@iquest.net

Forum Member

Default Interested In Offer!

I don't quite work for a fire department. My department is a nonprofit volunteer organization but we assist the Clifton Fire Department here in Clifton, Colorado. We have been given permission by this department to volunteer with them. Since we are nonprofit, we don't make money off of what we do, we have been searching like mad men to find some decent radios and at least 1-2 tone/voice pagers for our 3 man staff. The Clifton Fire Department looks foreward to us helping assist them with traffic control during certain calls when they need the extra help. At this point we have no radios or pagers that work and have been unable to help them for quite a while now because of this problem. I have been searching the web trying to find a good deal on a couple of radios and pagers that won't cost me a fortune. I have been trying to take in donations to purhcase this equipment but radios are so expensive. If we don't have any form of communication, we can't do our job properly.
    I am not sure how many people have emailed you about this but I can assure you my department is in need and would be very thankful and grateful to you if you could help us out. Again my name is David and you can contact me on my cell at: (970) 314-0589 if you need any further information or if you have any questions for me. You can also email me at: dspurg7310@yahoo.com or khdepartment@yahoo.com . Thank you for your time and I look foreward to your reply!

Forum Member

My dept just started a junior program and we do not have enough pagers to give these guys. A few have their dad on the dept too but can't always hear the pager when dad has it with him at work. We are here in Indiana so we could probably meet half way or something to get these pagers and maybe the radios too.

Forum Member

Default Interested In Offer!

Hello Again.

My name is David Spurger. I work with the K-Wood Help Department in the RRT Division. This is our (Rapid Response Team) division that works with the Clifton Fire Department down here in our area. We were told by the department that they could not lend and/or give us pagers because they are only a volunteer station. So, I talked to the department and they told me if I could get my hands on a or some pagers, they would help me program them. Right now, the RRT division has to use a scanner put on FIRE A and we get woken up every time a department is paged. Clifton is paged not very often but we also have to listen to Grand Junction Fire Department which has 5 stations all around the city. Then there's Lower Valley, Lands End, Palisade, and a few more all getting paged on one channel. If we had some of those minitors we'd get paged for clifton only and it would be a lot better.

Also, my department's radios have finally died. We have a company down here that is willing to program any radios for us for a lower price than others because we work with the fire department and we are a non-profit and voluntary station. We would appreciate it if you are able to send those radios and pagers and would be extremely thankful!

Thank you again for your time!

-Dave Spurger.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dspurg7310 View Post
    Hello Again.

My name is David Spurger. I work with the K-Wood Help Department in the RRT Division. This is our (Rapid Response Team) division that works with the Clifton Fire Department down here in our area. We were told by the department that they could not lend and/or give us pagers because they are only a volunteer station. So, I talked to the department and they told me if I could get my hands on a or some pagers, they would help me program them. Right now, the RRT division has to use a scanner put on FIRE A and we get woken up every time a department is paged. Clifton is paged not very often but we also have to listen to Grand Junction Fire Department which has 5 stations all around the city. Then there's Lower Valley, Lands End, Palisade, and a few more all getting paged on one channel. If we had some of those minitors we'd get paged for clifton only and it would be a lot better.

Also, my department's radios have finally died. We have a company down here that is willing to program any radios for us for a lower price than others because we work with the fire department and we are a non-profit and voluntary station. We would appreciate it if you are able to send those radios and pagers and would be extremely thankful!

Thank you again for your time!

-Dave Spurger.
    Ermm... I hope you realize you're posting a reply to a thread that was started 3 years ago.

Thread Information