Thread: moving to TN

Default moving to TN

hi...My name is Jenn and I am a firefighter in NH right now and I am hoping to move to TN...I am looking for a department that is willing to hire a female firefighter....any suggestions??

MembersZone Subscriber

Which part of the state?
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

I am looking to relocate somewhere near McMinnville...or around that area...if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated...seems that some departments there do not like female firefighters...but I can hold my own
    ~~Jenni~~

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry, can't help you there, geographically speaking. I'm in the upper left hand corner and know of one or two departments that should be hiring soon (mine included), both of which have female firefighters.

Female firefighters are still uncommon in career departments around here (like they're common anywhere ) but they are becoming more accepted in the volunteer ranks. I think the career departments here are slow to change because of low turnover and good ole' boy hiring practices more than outright discrimination.

Good luck in your search. Let me know how it goes.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

McMinnville is right in the middle of the state.... I have talked to Murfreesboro and they are not hiring until June and they seemed more then happy to take on a female fireifghter. I have all the qualifications needed and I can hold my own...So if ya hear of n e thing let me know... feel free to email me.... jennijbutler@msn.com
    ~~Jenni~~

Forum Member

Good Luck. Nashville may be taking applications. I am not real sure.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: moving to TN

Jenn,

If your looking in Middle TN in particular Williamson County I would look at us in Brentwood and especially Franklin. Brentwood at this time is not testing in the near future, but Franklin is rumored to be hiring upwards of 30 in the next year. They usually take apps in August and test in September. Both departments are willing to hire female firefighters as far as I know.

Hope that helps you and good luck!!

Nashville will not be doing another recruitment entrance exam for another 2 years or more because they just did one last year and the lists are good for three years.

Franklin?? I am real curious to find out more info on that Department as well.

I am on the list for Nashville right now and hoping to get hired on with them soon but may have to look at some of the outskirting communities such as Franklin if Nashville does not hire me??

Anyone with any info on Franklin or other Nashville area Dept's. please reply.

I am on a paid Department now with 6 years experience , FF 1 & 2 , Hazmat Ops , NR-EMT-B , FAO, Etc......etc...

Bubba

Thread Information