Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drill

Default Drill

Is it a requirement in Ohio or a instructor requirement to successfully complete a 2 minute drill?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

You sure are worked up about this "2 minute drill". In my department we have to do it within 1 minute and 40 seconds.

Whether it is a state requirement or not (and I doubt that it is), if the instructor says you need to do it to pass his/her class you need to do it.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

I just wanted to "Make Sure" before I said anything else about it
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

What is the "2 minute drill"????

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ttemper
    What is the "2 minute drill"????
    http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=58952

Ryan, just practice this as much as you need to to pass the class. This is one of those things that will have no bearing in the real world (see FFFred's comments in the other thread) since you will get dressed before getting on the rig, will pack up in your seat and will mask up right before going in.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Backdraft,

Its an instructor thing...trust me. I helped one of our Canidates for his "donning drill".

The easiest way to get good, is practice putting the equipment on slowly several times then speed it up as you go. But make sure you put EVERYTHING on CORRECTLY EVERYTIME. After class its no where near that big of a deal. It also helps to practice with someone.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

IFSAC skill, is it not? Check the SFM website and download the skill sheets for FF1. I think it is required to be under 2mins. Have someone show you how to stack your gear for donning.

I had a lot of trouble donning everything in 2 minutes when i was taking my 120 hour course. most of the people in my class did not have a problem. if you can, get a coat that has a zipper/velcro. that saves more time than you would think. if you rush yourself, buttoning up can be a hassle, especially if you start stressing. Its a cliche, but practice does make perfect. when you begin donning your clothing, sing a song in your head, try to get a rhythm down so you wont be thinking about getting everything on in 2 minutes. its really plenty of time if you think about it.

Thread Information