Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Aide 2000

Default Fire Aide 2000

Had a demo put on for us a week or so ago, on a new product called Fire Aide 2000, anyone ever seen/heard of it? Seemed to work pretty good at car/rubbish fires.
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Ok I'll bite, What is it? Foam, Drychem, a hose????
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Question

Yeah, what is this Fire Aide 2000?

You gotta tell us more of what it is bro.

MembersZone Subscriber

ITS A WATER ADDITIVE THAT BINDS WITH HYDROCARBONS AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL AND PREVENTS OR STOPS COMBUTION. IT EVEN PREVENTS RE-IGNITION. WE USE IT ON OUR MOTORSPORTS/RACE RESCUE UNITS FOR CAR/ENGINE/FUEL FIRES AND IT IS FANTASTIC. ITS EXPENSIVE BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

ITS A WATER ADDITIVE THAT BINDS WITH HYDROCARBONS AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL AND PREVENTS OR STOPS COMBUTION. IT EVEN PREVENTS RE-IGNITION. WE USE IT ON OUR MOTORSPORTS/RACE RESCUE UNITS FOR CAR/ENGINE/FUEL FIRES AND IT IS FANTASTIC. ITS EXPENSIVE BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY
    Yah that's about it, it can be used in Water Cans or straghit through the pump, it's like a combo of Class A & B foam and it works great.
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

MembersZone Subscriber

YES..... I LOVE IT. WE USED IT YESTERDAY ON A TOP-FUEL NITO-METHANE DRAGSER WHICH CRASHED AND BURNED ON THE TRACK. FIRE WAS OUT WITHIN 60 SECONDS OF APPLICATION AND THE DRIVER WAS VERY HAPPY... DIDN'T SINGE HIS FIRE SUIT. WE HAVE BEEN USING IT FRO ABOUT A YEAR AND ITS THE GREATEST THIG OUT THERE.

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

Fire Ade 2000 is a great product. We have been using it for over 6 months. We batch mix it in our engine and rescue truck.

On a vehicle fire we are most likely to use Rescue 1 first. The concentration is high in the tank, and the fire is extinghuished very rapidly. It doesn't even stand a chance. Water usage is dramatically cut down.

When we attack a structure with Engine 6, which has a lower concentration, the fire is still rapidly knocked down. When compared to an engine with plain water, the knockdown is much faster. Water usage is also cut way down, which is a plus for a rural fire department with little or no hydrant coverage.

Another good thing about the product is that we haven't had any callbacks on structure fires. There have been a few times where we have been called back to a previously burned structure, because of inaccess to a certain part of the structure. For instance, a structure that is either unsafe or impossible to enter, and has a pile of rubbish that we can't get to. Simply give a good spray with Fire Ade, and the water will soak in and get the job done.

You don't have to worry about Fire Ade destroying the system in your fire truck. You can leave it in the system without flushing it out.

One drawback of Fire Ade is the price of it. If I remember correctly, it costs around $100 for 5 gallons. If we use all of the water from the rescue and engine (1800 gallons between the 2), and then have to use a bucket of Fire Ade after refilling them with water, it adds up real quick. The cost is sometimes hard for the under-funded departments to swallow.

According to the supplier that gets us our Fire Ade:

FireAde 2000 is a NEW TECHNOLOGY, MULTI FEATURED Fire Fighting and Control Medium that combines the benefits of 6 different chemical technologies - ALL IN ONE PRODUCT.

Use FireAde 2000 as a:

FIRE FIGHTING MEDIUM
    COOLING MEDIUM
    HAZARDOUS SPILL CONTROL MEDIUM
    TOXIC SMOKE SCRUBBER
    VAPOUR CONTROL MEDIUM
    BIOREMEDIATION MEDIUM
    NEW GENERATION CHEMICAL

FireAde 2000 is nothing short of a revolution. It has been designed and formulated for modern day fire fighting applications and equipment whilst it also addresses many 21st Century problems related to the environment and the new complex combustible materials.

FireAde 2000 is:

non-hazardous
    non-toxic
    non-corrosive (pH7.3)
    biodegradable
    environmentally friendly
    easy to store and transport
    has unlimited shelf life
    cost-effective when measured by any meaningful criteria

Visit the website of the maker of FireAde 2000:
    http://www.fireserviceplus.com/

The pictures and captions to the right should make you a believer.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

I was just about to post a question about this stuff... we had reps stop by the other day.

We have a couple of 5 gallon buckets to mess around with for training use. I'm looking forward to seeing it used in a CAF system.

http://www.fireadesource.com/fireade-demos.html
    Last edited by Resq14; 04-17-2004 at 04:41 AM.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up FireAde 2000

We've been using FireAde 2000 for a little over a year now with fantastic results. We have not been back to a single re-kindle on any fire in which it has been used. That alone makes it worth the price in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by easystreets View Post
    We've been using FireAde 2000 for a little over a year now with fantastic results. We have not been back to a single re-kindle on any fire in which it has been used. That alone makes it worth the price in my book.
    We use it in certain applications...not on every fire.

Of course, proper overhaul and use of a TIC prevent's rekindles, too! (insert evil laugh smiley icon here!)
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 02-15-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Sounds like it works well. Just wondering, can it be washed away (ie using plain water in overhaul operations)? Also, does it mask any evidence that investigators would need?
    The only person who does not screw up, is the person who does not do anything.

Forum Member

Default FireAde 2000

Take a look at youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHGop8Myuz0

over 20 videos.

I may be wrong but I do not think so if correct Fireade 2000 failed to pass the magnesium fire suppression testing performed at Tydall Air Force base Fire Research Laboratory UL711 test. A lot of products claim to be able to put out metal fires but cannot pass the actual testing required.

If you use foam/wetting agent on a magnesium fire you are chancing a hydrogen explosion. Very few liquid products have ever been able to prove they can be used on a metal fire. Which now means that with all the magnesium being used in todays automotive industry, 59 components, this product can be dangerous if it sets off a hydrogen explosion.

If you have never seen a hydroexplosion go to this web link and you will see why I am concerned:

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUmghlvw3cM"

Take care and be careful!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Back to life...

Anybody got any other good info on this stuff?

Why does it seem too good to be true?

The ingriedents are "proprietary" which makes comparison almost impossible.

We are being shown this stuff at work and im curious as to wether or not its worth the investment.

Forum Member

Default Fire Aide 2000

We have also had a demo put on with two burning cars, one put out with water and the other with the fire aide mixed in, there was no comparrison, they put out the car with the fire aide then helped the others with the plain water. We also have 8 gallons on our grass truck in a foam cell in the poly tank, has come in handy for some area's when water is tight and to help from any rekindles. Have not had any problems with it yet.

Forum Member

Wink 50 gallons beats 15 anytime

The advantage is that you can use FireAid 2000 for both class A and B fuels. We had trouble with a vehicle fire and realized that we were also dealing with a gasoline fire underneath the vehicle from a hole in the tank. We turned the foam system on and our problem wasn't a problem any longer. We used to keep both types of foam in two separate tanks ( 35 gal. Class B and 15 gal. Class A) The problem was that we hardly ever used the B foam and we would run out of the A foam on a single larger structure incident. We decided to go with a combo foam so that we had 50 gallons of product at all times in the tanks plus another two cans in the crows nest if needed. Has worked well for us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Resq14 View Post
    I was just about to post a question about this stuff... we had reps stop by the other day.

We have a couple of 5 gallon buckets to mess around with for training use. I'm looking forward to seeing it used in a CAF system.

http://www.fireadesource.com/fireade-demos.html
    We are using fireaid 2000 in our CAFS unit. We had to make some adjustments to the wettness of the foam aplication, and have had no problems. Makes a decent blanket and snuffs fires very effectively.
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Tiger 2 View Post
    We have a business in the midwest
    Sales of this stuff would probably increase if you folks quit spamming about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Sales of this stuff would probably increase if you folks quit spamming about it.
    Why did you cut down the tree and dig up this dead horse?

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Why did you cut down the tree and dig up this dead horse?
    Not I. It seems the Webteam (Might I add the speedy web team) got here and deleted the post that was made today by a one post wonder, with more spam about Fireaide.

Notice the name I quoted does not appear in the thread anymore.

They got to it after I posted, and it make it look like I provided the CPR.

Thread Information