Thread: TIC's

Forum Member

Default TIC's

Does your deparment use thermal imaging cameras????

if so what kind and how long ago did you get it/them????

we have two of them they are both MSA evoultion 5000 's they work great. i love when we have to do truck checks on the trucks that have them, then i get to play with them.

we got them about seven months ago.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

HNFC FF/President

We have 1 TIC

It is somekind of Bullard camera.

We received about 3 years ago (it was before i joined) All Fire companies in the state received them as somekind of state program. I have to charge the batteries and make sure that the TIC is in operating order.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

I think we have done this thread before.

My department has 4 TIC's

Forum Member

We got out first ISG camera in 1998. Then in 2001 we got a MSA. With our next truck, we are looking at replacing the ISG with a MSA 4000.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

We first started testing TIC's about two years ago, and they were initially only on a few units around the county. Now, most of our suppression apparatus has either an MSA Evolution 4000 or 5000. We placed the one of the largest orders for the Evolution 5000 a little while ago, and they will be on every suppression and Battallion unit very soon.

The ALS Engine at my station got their MSA about 8 months ago, its a pretty neat tool.

My department just purchased a new Scott TIC.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

No, we don't have one yet. Hopefully someday soon. It will probably be our next major purchase. We just spent a lot replacing our AEDs and are currently trying to scrape up enough money to get a golf cart type rescue rig.

I played around with a TIC at the NFA explorer conference. I can't recall what type it was but I was really impressed with the sensitivity.

Forum Member

We have two. Both are MSA's. One is a 4000, and the other is the 5000. The small one is on the main engine, and the big one is on the salvage truck. We purchased the one on the engine about months ago doing fundraisors(SP) and the other one we purchased when we got our FEMA grant.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

makes good girls go bad

We have a Bullard on our Engine. I play around with it enoough so that I have become familiar with it. It is a pretty cool tool to have on a fire scene, and pretty cool to use around the station.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information