Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Homemade pavement recycle machine

Not sure where to post it but I'll start here.

Do you have these in your town? are they allowed? We have one here mounted on a 5 ton truck, 6 tiger torches, rubber hoses, 100lb tanks strapped on it etc. The key word here for me is ...homemade...

This rig belongs to a company and they are busy around town. I have been asking around and haven't gotten any direction one way or the other on it. this company even does work for the Town now and then. To date nothing has happened. YET

It just doesn't sit right with me. the feed back I'm getting is that I have to find a propane code violation. I can't see any. everything by itself seems ok, It's the whole pkg that worrys me.

what to do

Forum Member

No replies ? Maybe you don't know what the thing is ?

It is a huge steel box with an open top with a screen about 3/4
    down. a backhoe loads the box from the top with old pavement that has been removed from another street, parking lot, etc. The propane tiger torches are inserted below the screen and heats the pavement up. it drops through the screen and can be reused.

all of this sits on the back of a 5 ton truck. except the backhoe

Sorry, I thought I did reply, must not have finished it thru right. Anyway in my area the Dept. of Transportation would handle something of this nature. If they are not able to help or yo do not have one in your area I would try with state goverment or what I guess would be province gov. up your way. Not knowing the way your govt. is structured up that way doesn't make it all that easy for me to give you a solid answer but I hope you got a decent start.

Thread Information