Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Class Act in Boston

Boston fans cheer loudly for O Canada

Associated Press

4/15/2004

BOSTON (AP) - Fans cheered so loudly during the singing of Canada's national anthem that they almost drowned out singer Rene Rancourt before the Boston Bruins took on the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.

Some booed the Star Spangled Banner in Montreal on Sunday night before Game 3 of the first-round playoff series, drawing criticism from the Bruins organization and American fans.

The Canadiens played a video message before Game 4 on Tuesday, encouraging fans to show respect for the anthem. Most in the crowd stayed quiet.

A smattering of boos could be heard under the first few bars of ``O Canada'' on Thursday, but they were quickly drowned out by cheers.

My hat's off to the Bruins fans. A lesson in class for Montreal.

Amen Man

Bloody Montreal hockey fans are a bunch of wackos...They chased a friggin Pee-wee AAA team from Boston out of town a few years ago....Surrounded the bus...Pee-wee kids for god sake..I know when i played pee-wee i would have been walkin off with my stick and folk would be gettin smacked
    Take Care,Stay Safe and Stay Low

Ryan
    Firefighter
    NDVFD Fire/Rescue

Originally posted by ndvfdjrff
    Amen Man

Bloody Montreal hockey fans are a bunch of wackos...They chased a friggin Pee-wee AAA team from Boston out of town a few years ago....Surrounded the bus...Pee-wee kids for god sake..I know when i played pee-wee i would have been walkin off with my stick and folk would be gettin smacked
    And people want to bad mouth Philly fans....

Forum Member

Yeah and Montreal fans understand hockey, at least Philly fans have an excuse, lol.

Great job by the flyers eliminating the trap playing, extremely boring Devils.

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

The Montreal fans seem very confused. They seem to believe that they are at an English Soccer game. With their new ridiculous singing, if you aren't looking at the screen, you'd swear you were watching a match between Manchester United and Liverpool. Hopefully the Bruins will beat the hell out of them tonight and we won't have to deal with Montreal until next September.

Did you seem the Habs fans try to redeem themselves the other night Cheering the US National Anthem at the game..Sorry guys...Lil too late
    Take Care,Stay Safe and Stay Low

Ryan
    Firefighter
    NDVFD Fire/Rescue

Forum Member

Originally posted by cfdeng3
    The Montreal fans seem very confused. They seem to believe that they are at an English Soccer game. With their new ridiculous singing, if you aren't looking at the screen, you'd swear you were watching a match between Manchester United and Liverpool. Hopefully the Bruins will beat the hell out of them tonight and we won't have to deal with Montreal until next September.
    Guess you won't have to anyways. Bye Bye Beantown.

Thread Information