Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Texas A&M-Commerce

Hi there,

I'm thinking of going to there this fall. Does anyone have any advice about this school either way? There was a recent article up here in Canada(RFM magazine) where a guy claims that it is IFSAC accredited. There is no mention of it on their website though. I gather that you can write the exam at the end that makes if NFPA qualified.

I have to make a decision right away and it's a pretty big one for me seeing as I will be leaving my children with my parents during that time. I have one shot to get it right.

Forum Member

Email me.

MembersZone Subscriber

You will come out of it with IFSAC FFI, FFII, HM AWARE,HM OPS when you take take the final which I believe is the State test as well. It is a great fire school but I do believe you need to be at least an EMT unless you are from another country. The school is a lot more expensive than back when I went ($500.00) for the 9 week course but it is still one of the best in the country. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply oldandwise. It sounds like they have all the right stamps which is good. They actually run an EMT-B the five weeks before the Fire Program starts which is why I was looking at it over fireetc up here in Canada.

Except... now I guess they have these new Homeland Security regulations that I have to work around. The school actually won't guarantee me spot because of this. It seems to only affect some US schools and not others for some strange reason. I guess I'll be double booking myself just incase.

Thanks also to 231Engine for the help.

Thread Information