Default Like Father like son

My 16 year old son has made me proud. Last night he took his county final for FFI. Passed!
    Does a Dad good to see his son with that big sh#$ eating grin on his face knowing he has accomplished something.
    And yes, I am one proud Firefighting Dad.....

Now it's gonna cost me though, told him if he passed I would buy him his first helmet, and what do you think he wants.................................

Leather Forever...

Ed

Forum Member

I remember when I took my praticals for my FFI finals- My dad was there taking pictures, In fact, I still have some of them. I was SO infuriated at him, at the time I was embarassed as heck! But now, having a son of my own, I can understand his being proud! and then when I got sworn in to my career department, WOW! The only thing that ever beat THAT look on his face, was when my son was born- and I presented his GRANDSON to him! (First BOY in my family in 29 years.....)!!!!!!

Someday I hope to attend MY son's graduation from FFI, or US Navy bootcamp, or College.............
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Congrats on your son passing the final. I know my Father and Grandfather (Both FF's) were proud of me too when I went through basic.
    IACOJ

Congrats. I first joined my dept when I was 16. My Dad's also been volunteering since he was 18. It's nice doing a father son thing. Although not so fun when he's your captain lol

Forum Member

Congrats for your son. I know he's made you proud.

jfire you think that having your dad as a capt is tough, 2 of my best friend's dad is their Chief

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Forum Member

My dad bought me my EMT class when I graduated. He used to love working a truck with me at the pvt. EMS job we both worked at. I gotta admit it was fun. We were always on seperate FD's though.
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Forum Member

Default can't wait

can't wait for that to happen here... my son is 6 yrs old and firefighting is all he wants( for now anyways).. so hopefully i'll get to watch him go through it.

Forum Member

My dad and I are taking FF1 together and we finish it in three weeks. Got off department probation today!
    Bucks County, PA.

Forum Member

i just got involved in our local explorer post and am loving it. My dad is so happy and proud. He has been telling me stories from 25 yrs. of service and advice also. He is planning on become an instructor for our post and since my dad got out of the fire service a couple of years ago he has been reading firehouse magazine with envy about the Big ones. I am happy to spend this time with him. I cant wait to become a regular and see his face.

Forum Member

I was excited when our son decided to follow in his father's foot steps. I was surprised when he asked me to pin his badge. It was 19 years to the week of when I received mine. I felt he got a degree and career in one swoop. He did.

Then last year he made captain. When his wife was delayed for the badge ceremony, I had to once again step up for the honors. Imagine two Captain Smith's. You can check out the pictures here
    http://www.eatstress.com/robbadge.htm

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information