MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Deep Thoughts And Other Things

Rex Barker here again with a story about Sand and Stone.
    A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?"

The other friend replied "When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

They say it takes! a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

Send this phrase to the people you'll never. It's a short message to let them know that you'll never forget them. If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in a hurry and that you've forgotten your friends. Take the time to live!

This is Rex Barker C.S. (Carving this message in Stone) saying that it's not the things in your life that are important , it's the people."

Getting Into Heaven Part 2

A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates.

Ahead of him is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.

Saint Peter addresses the man wearing somewhat sloppy clothes, "Who are you, so that I may know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"

The guy replies, "I'm Jack Thomas Jr., taxi-driver, of Noo Yawk City."

Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the taxi-driver, "Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

The taxi-driver goes into Heaven with his robe and staff. Then it's the minister's turn. He stands up tall and booms out, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary's Church, for the last forty-three years."

Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the minister, "Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Just a minute," says the minister. "That man before me was a taxi-driver, and he gets a silken robe and golden staff. Why, How can this be?"

Saint Peter, looks to the preacher and says,

"Up here, we work by results,"

"While you preached, people slept. While Jack drove, people prayed."
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rex Barker here again just "Kidding Around!"
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful."
    - Mae West

Remember when you were a child and ventured outside to run in the warm puddles after a rainstorm and get soaking wet?

One night recently, after a thunderstorm, I opened the door to take a peek outside, and the feeling in the air instantly reminded me of a time in my childhood when we did just that. Without thinking I grabbed my friend Muki and asked if he would join me in a late-night walk so I could enjoy a few warm puddles.

As I jumped through the puddles, I realized just how much I needed more of those childlike moments to balance my serious nature and have some old-fashioned FUN

How quickly we lose the simple pleasures of childhood...

In the spirit of lightening up, here are some suggestions that might help you to reawaken that little kid in you:

1. Buy yourself a giant pad of paper and some pastels and schedule a time to draw, using your fingers to smudge the colors together.

2. Buy Play-Doh and keep it in your office. Fasten a new "masterpiece" each week.

3. Close the shades, put on your favorite oldies dance music, and dance in your living room.

4. Get dirty! Go out and weed the yard, plant a tree, or simply dig holes in the dirt.

5. Visit a toy store and spend time picking out your favorite coloring book. Keep it in your office and between adult duties steal some time each day to color.

6. Buy a hula hoop and see if you can still swing!

This is Rex Barker C.S. (Continuing to Splash!) saying that these are the kind of things we need to do more often, for no other reason than to upset the apple cart of life and interfere with the rigidity of our daily lives.

Trust me, when I returned home from stomping in puddles, with black-bottomed feet, I felt like a million bucks!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FRIENDS

"FRIENDS"

Around the corner I have a friend,
    In this great city that has no end,

Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
    And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friend's face,
    For life is a swift and terrible race,

He knows I like him just as well,
    As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,
    And now we are busy, tired men.

Tired of playing a foolish game,
    Tired of trying to make a name.

Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim
    Just to show that I'm thinking of him."

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
    And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,
    "There's a message sir," "Jim died today."

And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
    Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Remember to always say what you mean. If you love someone, tell them. Don't be afraid to express yourself. Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you. Because when you decide that it is the right time it might too late.

Seize the day. Never have regrets. And most importantly, stay close to your friends and family, for they have helped make you the person that you are today and you never know what tomorrow has in store for you.

This is Rex Barker C.S. reminding you to love your family and friends for who they are, not what they are.

Thread Information