Forum Member

Default New Pierce and Seagrave ladders

Is the world coming to an end? Pierce is now building a new 75' ALUMINUM ladder?!?!

Also, what's the deal with Seagrave slapping an RK tower on their rigs and selling it as their own? Anybody have some behind the scenes info about what prompted that?

See both companies' websites for more info on what I'm referring to.

Where did you find the information on the aluminum 75' ladder on the pierce website, i've looked a few times and have found nothing, i know the sky booms are aluminum, is that what you are refering to?

oh wait....im blind......haha i found it....

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

You should have seen it in person. It looks like a shiny Seagrave 250lb tip load aerial. They claim more, we'll see in time. Kind of interesting that all the aluminum nay sayers all of a sudden have to take back their words about aluminum. After all, if Pierce is building with it it has to be right. LOL. As for the RK on top of the Seagrave chassis, your right now that I think of it. I knew it didn't look like a Seagrave aerial. But I guess since the Apollo was such a beast, they had to do something. Just a thought.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

I have heard that Seagrave is using RK to build a hand full of trucks on a trial basis if thay are happy with them RK may became a Seagrave company. Also I have heard that Rescue 1 is unofficaly owned by Seagrave and they have recently bought Classic Fire in Florida.
    Just my thoughts
    Last edited by nrz2334; 05-01-2004 at 11:28 PM.
    nrz2334
    Just my view

I would rather push my Seagrave than drive your Pierce!!

TNT Rescue The Best!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by nrz2334
    Also I have heard that Rescue 1 is unofficaly owned by Seagrave and thay have recently bought Classic Fire in Florida.
    Just my thoughts
    Rescue 1 is AKA PL Custom......is an privately held independent company. Although I wouldn't be suprised if Seagrave made a move to buy them.

dazed and confused

I probably find this to be a little too amusing.

"Pierce has always led the industry in the development of safe, high-performance aerial apparatus. Now, we’ve expanded our line with a best-in-class aluminum ladder to serve those departments that prefer aluminum aerials for their lighter weight. The new Pierce 75-foot ladder uses 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions in its construction to provide superior strength characteristics. " Gee where have I heard this before?

lol

SUPERIOR STRENGTH CHARACTERISTICS?

Either some people are going to have to eat their words, or they're going have to disagree with the "ultimate" in fire apparatus manufacturers.

Oh now I remember...
    "Using high strength 6061-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions in the
    ladder and platform construction achieves a high strength to
    weight ratio resulting in an extremely strong..."
    E-ONE
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

I believe that Seagrave, (or Seaebe as I now call it), only purchased 50% of Classic. For what, I have no idea, as they already have Altmonte in Canada for their commercial work, however that was done under the "old administration".

Forum Member

Rescue 1 is AKA PL Custom - does make a few fire trucks, mostly rescues, but ambulances are still their main stay. They make some very nice custom boxes (like ours) that give you loads of room for patient care. Rescue 1 is only part of PL Custom.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default Whooooooaaaaaaaaa.......

Phhhhhhhhewwww,

P & L / Rescue 1- Independantly owned and operated. Several Seagrave dealers are Rescue 1 dealers, hence "relationships".

Classic Fire- Independantly owned and operated in by 3-4 people. Partnered with Seagrave to sell Internationally, due to one of the owners ties to the export market.

RK Ladders- Is a Rosenbauer Company and again "friendship" with Seagrave, trading components and strengths in certain areas. The new Sentinel Chassis offered by Rosenabuer is a Seagrave/FWD built product with Rosenbauer logos.

http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/Cla...tinel_F_sm.pdf

Jim Hebe (ex-CEO of Freightliner truck/ALF) who is "part" owner of Seagrave, is out making as many "friends" as possible, as he does not have the latitude and cash that he had when at Freightliner. "Making friends", sharing technology, sharing components verses developing new ones and forming alliances is cheap and easy to do, verses spending cash. The game is different now when you are spending your own money! Not slanderous, just fact. Alliances are nto a bad thing to us as end users, as it keeps costs down, verses having to pay huge R & D costs to do it alone.

So, NO....Seagrave does not "own" all these companies, but rather has made a few friends.

Stay safe and good fishing.

Fish

Thread Information