Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy where is everyone

hello any one home in Mo

whats up bull?

Don't know, I have been reading a lot of the Illinois posts since I am in STL.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default here in stl but maybe not for long

I am also here for now though things are not looking good for a medic with a wet lic (brand new medic that is ) plus some comments I am hearing I feel that my best chance of geeting a job in this area is slim and none and slim is boarding a train out of town lol but for now i am here and waiting

Default tough to get a job in STL

I know the market isn't great in STL. The union is one of the better ways to get a job, and with all of the slamming of fire districs in the paper this week, I don't know if departments will be eager to increse thier manpower. I do know that working as a medic with a busy abmulance service is also a good way to get your foot in the door, especially in North STL county. Christian Hospital has turned out a lot of FF/EMTs and Medics. If you already work there, I probably know you, but if not, it is a grat place for experience and to get to know a lot of fire department people.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I wish

I wish I worked for christian but I work for the other big service that is union I tried to get on at christian but I was told that at that time they did not need emt basic
    now I am A medic I will try to get on there again hope it works out better this time thanks for the info give you another hint you guys got mid county from us lol glad you have and not us well see you alll later have fun keep it safe

Christian just had 5 squit and they are training 3 new medics now. Call and talk to Leah or Jackie. I have applied a few times and can't get hired myself, but I am srill a basic. Good Luck

MembersZone Subscriber fieldseng2's Avatar

Has anyone here heard if/when the city is gonna put on a proby class??? Im pretty high on their list...im trying to figure out if/when Ill get called....

...Im not a paramedic so I can't get on in the county....doesnt sound like anyone will be able to antime soon. I have a friend who is a Capt. on a county FD.....5 years ago he claimed he was making 6 figures!! Ive read the Dispatch online, and all the bad press the they make too much...I say good for them! Im on a career dept. in NW IN and I know that no one in the state of Indiana makes even close to that! We should all be making those paychecks!

Default city academy class

I just heard from an x-city medic that there is going to be a class soon. I don't know what he meant by soon, but I would guess in the next couple months. In the ctiy you have to be an EMT, so that cuts a lot of applicants out that haven't passed their National Regitry EMT test. Anyway call the STL county fire academy also 314-889-8670 they are starting a new class in a week or two and I don't know if it was full. Good luck

MembersZone Subscriber fieldseng2's Avatar

Thanks for the advice/info BgEFire...

I keep hearing the same thing...."theres gonna be a class soon"....dont know how soon or how big..Im not a paramedic..I was told I pretty much had to be to get on the county...I think I wanna stear clear of the storm brewing there any way...

I know a lot of the county FFs hate the city FFs and vice versa....but I've always wanted to work in the city..Im sure we'd all like to make the kind of of cabbage some of them are makin...

guess Ill just have to sit and wait...

Thread Information