Question Informational Picket??

Brothers and Sisters,

I am looking for anyone who has conducted an informational picket. What were the pros and cons? What would you do different? Did it work and get your message out? We are now at 10 months without a contract and the city has ignored the last two requests to bargain. Have not met in six months. We are considering an informational picket to get the public support and just to get the message out that we are tired of being ignored? any inormation you might have please let me know. If you happen to be from Michigan, I am also looking for some of the legal ramifications regarding this course of action.

thanks

Steve Servia
    President Local 554
    sservia@upnorthcable.com

MembersZone Subscriber

You might contact the reps. from Dearborn Fire and Trenton Fire. I know they have at least a little experience with info. pickets. You can get contact info thru the M.P.F.F.U. Hope this helps.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Default thanks for info

Thank you for the information. We originally were planning an iformational picket to protest the stall in negotiations. But on Monday the new city manager proposed the minimum cut of 4 fire fighters and to only staff the station from 7am to 11pm. This is a cut of 1/3 of our department. so now the international and state union is involved, and i have done tv and radion adds and tomorrow we begin a leaflet drop throughout the city. I just wonder if I get laid off, being that I am one of the 4 on the chopping block, if I will still be union president? hmmmmm. anyway, thanks for the info and i will let you all know what happens.

steve

Thread Information