Forum Member

Default Changing from Cadet to FF

Does your Department require you to resubmit an application when you go from Cadet to FF? Here you have to do an application again to become a FF if you dont and you turn 18 you no longer belong to the Department.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Well speaking in terms of a Cadet to a FF, cannot help you there, sorry.

But an Explorer to a FF, my department requires you to, but if you turn 18 you are still in the Explorers until you are of that age and you have graduated. But even once you done that but havent filled an app., you are still a member the Explorer Post until you officially exit the program.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

REAPPLY??? What The Heck?!?!?!...Thats a pretty dumb concept...If your staying on that dept why do you need to resubmit an application...Really all your doing is getting a different coloured helmet(if thats how you do things) or being changed on the run sheets from Junior to Firefighter...Thats an absolutely stupid way to do things if you ask me...Whoever thought that up should be beaten with a big stick..

Here when you turn 19 (official age to be an active firefighter) you get switched off the run sheet to Firefighter Slots..Nothing Huge...And Chief just has to get your insurance switched from that of a junior to a full active..
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

It is not something that the department thinks is smart either, it is just what the insurance company forces them to do to make the transition official, as far as insurance and such. I think its stupid too, but it makes sense as far as bookmarking dates and record keeping.

Eh, its not a big application anyways, .
    IACOJ

Forum Member

*shakes fist*..Damnnnnnnnnn Insurance People...

Y'all should go and whoop their a**...Be like this is retarded, screw off!!..Or we'll stop coming to you..lol
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

In our dept. you have to submit an application when you go from being a cadet to a probie/regular firefighter. And that is usually 2 months before your 18th birthday. Every month our fire dept has a monthly business meeting. Your application will be brought up and approved, and at next month's meeting the firefighters will vote on weather or not to accept you. They vote yes or vote no. (Very rarely do applicants get turned down.) I don't really mind this too much. I think it is kind of good because if you have a cadet who isn't very dedicated, never shows up for drills, doesn't do anything to help out,doesn't set a good image for themselves, and generally does not seem very interested, that will show up and you may not get voted up as a regular member. I haven't seen it happen, but it could.
    Stay Safe everyone!

My department works the same way. Two or Three months before you start the paperwork, the physicals, and all the fun stuff. The companies vote you in and approve your application and on the day of your 18th birthday you are sworn in. Works Well.

FireGirl, Where are you from?

Thread Information