Thread: Seatbelts

MembersZone Subscriber

I wear mine, and it doesn't seem to slow my response out of the vehicle. It comes second nature, since I always buckle up in the POV.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default seat belts

just think if you do get hurt or die from not wearing your seat belt you bills or funeral might not get paid. cause i know if you get hurt on a fire scene and you dont have your proper ppe you have to fend for yourself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default seatbelts

I totally agree 100% seatbelts should be worn. Why do you think manufactures have started making seatbelts red in apparatus? So the B-Chief or D-Chief can see if your wearing your seatbelts when he or she passes you...Food for thought

Forum Member

As an engineer in a very progressive department (policies)we are not allowed move the apparatus without everyone "down and In" seatbelts. But recently it has become game with the hose monkeys in back. My Officer sits there and thinks its funny. So, we will be having a chat about getting his support in enforcing dept. policy on seatbelt use. Why is it that we as humans get so damn complacent? Then when something goes wrong "oh my God we got to start doing this" We should be doing it all the time. I get labeled as being anal retentive engineer cause of this........but I'M TAKING EVERYONE HOME WITH ME THAT RODE WITH ME TO THE INCIDENT, EVEN IF THAT IS IN A TOW TRUCK.
    Enough said about this,
    Scottsfire

PS....Oh one other thing......what good is a seatbelt if you have unsecured equipment flying around in your cab during a collision. When I'm driving I don't let my firefighters put their helmets on the ledge right behind my head. I make sure that if envolved in a head on and survive it that nothing behind me hits me and kills me. I'm sure you have all heard tales of the person killed in a head on by a tissue box.
    Last edited by Scottsfire; 04-30-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Thread Information