Thread: E-One Refurb

MembersZone Subscriber

Default E-One Refurb

A couple of our guys grabbed an ad at the FDIC for E-One's refurbishing program. Our department has an '84 E-One Hurricane that is in good shape, but could be updated. I know nothing about refurbs, so I had some questions:

Is '84 already too old to worry about getting refurbed?
    How much would it be just to upgrade to a 4-door enclosed cab?
    How much is the "Glider Kit", which updates the cab, and refurbs the engine, pump, and tranny?

Any info, help, or shared experiences would be appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is an '84 too late to refurb/glider? NO.

The 4 door conversion depends on who and how they do it. Many companys can add a clip that encloses the jumpseats. If you have E-One do it they will probably want to do a new Hurricane cab on the existing chassis instead of a clip which is a better move in my opinion. The cost of a Refurb is going to depend on what you want updated, changed, added, etc. A glider is typically the more expensive of the 2 options because they only use the existing engine, transmission and pump which means the cost of a new cab and body. However, there have been refurbs done (Each of us probably knows of atleast 1) that cost as much or more than a glider. It comes down to what you need done and what you want done. Just some thoughts.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Thread Information