Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default looking for a fire crew

I am intrested in joining a wildland firefighting crew in Idaho, can someone help me find information on joining?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Hey great that your are interested in wildland firefighting. It may be to late in the year, or season to sign on with a crew, as they start manning up in early march. You need to have some basic training first, though some crews train their own.The national standard for wildland firefighting is the S-130 and S-190 course. This along with a Pac-test, 3 mile walk in 3 minutes while wearing a 45# pack completed in less than 45 minutes. As for who to contact, the state of Idaho web site, Division of Forestry, of the Forest Service web site, sorry i ont have them handy, will give you a good place to start, as well as good information.
    stay safe, remember L.C.E.S.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The USDA Forest Service web site is www.fs.fed.us/ and go to the fire and avation section and it has good info. You could also check with your local Forestry division in your state, as most eastern states post up crews for national assignment.

stay safe
    fighting since 86, fighting the wildman since 00
    L.C.E.S

Forum Member

Default wildland link

You can also try www.wildlandfire.com for more info.

Thread Information