Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Sarin gas used in Iraq

Read this, There was an attack where sarin gas was used in an arty shell.
    sarin gas used
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber 0ptical42's Avatar

I find it interesting that the fact that the President of the Iraqi Governing Council was assasinated was burired in the middle of this article and not mention right away. I guess it goes to show what the news priorities are in the media.

That bombing was the lead story on CNN.com when I viewed it around 9:00 am today. The sarin gas story did bump it later on.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Each story has its own merrit for priority. As a soldier I am at odds right now, because the loss of a National Leader is a very important thing, but then using Sarin gas on my Soldier Brothers, and the local population is equally as bad in my books. I suspect that the two events are tied in together somehow.

Sigh... just another aspect of the text book definition of what Terroism is...... aint it great?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

This is sinking to a whole new level by the peopel there. Stay safe all US military over there.
    Bucks County, PA.

No they didn't....
    The liberals have been saying all year that Iraq and it's former leaders did not poses any weapons of mass distruction.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

good point, i would believe that this is evidence of some WMD. EVen if it was only a trace amount...where there is smoke there is fire.
    Bucks County, PA.

Originally posted by stcommodore
    ..where there is smoke there is fire.
    Ya got that Right! Time to put some wet stuff on the red!

Mmmm wonder what the world would think if a wing's worth of B52's were retrofitted with water tanks, and they started scooping from the Arabian Gulf, and dumping on Iraq???? It would put a whole new meaning to "getting Bombed" now wouldn't it. Maybe ti would wash away the "Stupidity" out of them.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Default Wash away????

malahat...I say we "wash away" the stupidity using several megatons of Einsteins favorite recipe.....Retrofit those B-52's with low-yield tactical warheads, and wash away the stupidity forever. Make it all one big sheet of glass. Enough is enough.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber gordoffemt's Avatar

I think I heard that Hans Blix, former chief weapons inpspector, said that this was just a stray, nothing that proves a WMD program. Doesn't that make you feel warm, fuzzy, and safe?

I have a feeling we're about to see more of these "strays" popping up.

To the men and women in Iraq: Keep your heads down and your gas masks close.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

And the monkey that made it probably never realised what the shell casing contained.

"Allah Ahkbar" (God is Great) to you ya mug. 40 virgins will not be waiting for you in paradise because you stuffed the job. More likely some brain addled twat will put a bullet in your head saying "Allah Ahkbar" and thinking he is doing the right thing.

Meantime the Holly Rollers (Priests) will sit back and laugh their butts off, because they control the high ground.

Just ask some poor SOB English soldier who has done his time in Ireland about dealing with religious plonkers.

PS. Tactics 101, he who controls the high ground wins.

PSS. More people have been killed in the last 2,000 years in the name of religion than by any other reason. Get used to it.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

i dont know if im supose to be offended by what you said or not...
    Bucks County, PA.

I got some of the report from the news on TV yesterday. Words like "single shell" and "isolated incident" were used frequently. Seems to me that this one got "lost in the shuffle" somewhere, and that when they found it, they decided to dispose of it on site. That one made me scratch me head a bit. I understand why they would do that with most any munition because it's easier to blow it in place, rather than risk transport, but surely someone must have checked for markings on the casing before deciding to blow it.

Or maybe I am reading too much "Westernisation" on this. Western users will always mark a munition with colour codes to determine what that particular piece is desginated to do. I am pretty sure that most other armies in the world do the same thing, that way you dont end up loading a star shell up the tube, when you really wanted a HEAT round. Or in this case you WANTED to load a HE round, and "accidentally" loaded a chemical/biological round, and the gas etc blew back on your troops because the wind turned.

I still can't believe they just blew the round without checking into it first. I wonder what WISE BUTT made that call.

I really hope that this is not the tip of the iceburg as far as chemical weapons being used. The fact that it was a single shell is beside the point. The word sarin is enough to make me shudder. I am more worried by the fact that more of these types of munitions have not been found, up until now at least. They are out there, just where is what I wish we knew, and find out before they are found in Kansas or Memphis or insert your choice of city here.

I echo your sentiments 100% Jasper. Where there is ONE, there is almost always MANY MORE somewhere. Like most here, I don't believe that this is an "isolated" incident.

For those that still have doubts about Iraq's WMD program, especially if feel that President Bush is the sole perpetrator or invented the whole thing to get rich:

HOW SOON THEY FORGET
    EVERY ONE OF DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED--THAT THERE NEVER WERE ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND HE TOOK US TO WAR UNNECESSARILY!

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the Greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton N ational Security Adviser, Feb 18,1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D - MA), and others Oct. 9,1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engage! d in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a lic! it missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chem! ical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years .. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Default Terrorists in Possession of Sarin

What should concern all of us now is that a WMD was found as an Improvised Explosive Device or IED, in the hands of a determined enemy. The fact that this was found should send a shiver down each and everyone of our spins. It was bad enough that Saddam had them. Now that the terrorists have them, they will use them. These people want to end our lives, not just our economic system, in the name of Allah! WE CANNOT LOSE THIS WAR!

Anyone who now says that our Commander and Chief lied to get us into an unjustified war in Iraq must face this FACT. Terrorists now have nerve gas!

For those who still say that this is not proof of a WMD program, what will prove that to you? How about we take that artillery shell and put it in your living room? You still feel the same about that weapons program now?

Nice try, but one 15-20 year old artillery shell does not a WMD program make. There's no telling how much of that stuff is floating around the world. Heck, we probably made most of it, ourselves. None of this changes the fact that Iraq was no real threat to anyone. Those people couldn't even fart for the last twelve years without us knowing it. As for the terrorists, the world will NEVER run out of people with some holy cause, and some of them will do anything to hurt what they perceive as the "enemy." However, declaring a war on Iraq isn't going to help a damn thing, as far as terrorists go.

MembersZone Subscriber FlaFireGator's Avatar

Default WMD'S

Excellant post SPFDRum. Another fine example of how the liberals like to run from a previous position. Talk about a case of selective memory/amnesia???

Its funny, those same people quoted are the same ones trying to politicize the 9/11 hearings about how President Bush didn't heed the warnings prior to 9/11 EVERYBODY knew he had the WMD's, so either we, along with many other nations, were faulty in our intelligence or he buried or transported them to another country. I would choose the later rather than the former.

For more info on this I would suggest www.flashbunny.org

Pray for our President, elected leaders and for our military personnel and their families.

Thread Information